Odd stat | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Odd stat

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Swampthing on Twitter has shown the odd stat that every leap year this century whoever is on top after round 1 goes on to win the flag:

2000 Essendon
2004 Port
2008: Hawthorn
2012: Sydney
2016: Western bulldogs

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting. Just thrash Cartoon by 100+ points and then we got it made.

Reactions: 1 user
Swampthing on Twitter has shown the odd stat that every leap year this century whoever is on top after round 1 goes on to win the flag:

2000 Essendon
2004 Port

Gws love early season kills.
My tip giants will slap the slow and old cats.
They will be tip top after round 1.
We will have our usual struggle with Carlton and get over them by 5 goals.
I can't remember the last time we have besten them by 10+ goals.

Magnificent stat ........ if we finish Rd 1 on top, otherwise the mantra will be that we write our own history / we buck the trend / play to our own hymn book.....

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Well I'll be hoping that the Doggies manage to roll the Skunks over by a coupla points then, that'll be the end of them :))

Oh and the Tigers hopefully brain the Blues by the weeks biggest margin

Happy Days .

I know.
*smile* me every year that they hang around. Would love nothing more than a 15 goal mauling.

Round 7, 2005.
And since then, THEY have beaten US by 10+ goals three times.

The other stat is that only Essendon, collingwood, Melbourne, Carlton and Richmond have won vfl/AFL flags in years ending with zero

I know.
*smile* me every year that they hang around. Would love nothing more than a 15 goal mauling.

Suns to turn over the Power in the opening round up in Kweelan thats my smokie tip.

But I'd also like to see the Dogs snap the Skunks and the Gee Whizz smash the Puddies.

I really can't see us being in tip top form early on.

I'm happy just getting wins. It was an interesting point Hardwick made during his press conference, that tthe Pies were having their third hit out (Carl, Geel, Us) while we were having our first.

It makes a massive difference.

We've aiming at being September Premiers. Let Buckley and his Pies claim the May premiership.

Reactions: 1 users

I'm happy just getting wins. It was an interesting point Hardwick made during his press conference, that tthe Pies were having their third hit out (Carl, Geel, Us) while we were having our first.

We've aiming at being September Premiers. Let Buckley and his Pies claim the May premiership.

Amen to that.

2000 Essendon
2004 Port

that truly is an unusual stat.
I don’t know how someone would even notice that?

We’ve already proven that August form is way better than April form.

Now here's a more odd stat. Don't know if anyone's noticed it, but Chokingwood has only won 2 flags in 62 years.....

:mhihi

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Now here's a more odd stat. Don't know if anyone's noticed it, but Chokingwood has only won 2 flags in 62 years.....

:mhihi

4 in 84 years while we're counting. Mind you, 11 by the end of 1936 was bloody impressive :eek:

Living on past glories though. Once upon a time the premiership was a cakewalk, but not for a very very long time.

DS

My daughter are 9 and 12, and i enjoy telling them that they've seen as many tiger flags as their 54 year old collingwood supporting uncle has seen pies flags!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users