RICHMOND-The lost years | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RICHMOND-The lost years

No need to watch it..... lived it!

*Foxfooty really struggling running this old thing on rotation.

We were stupid to bring back cloke.
Raines thought he would be our centre man for the next 20 years.
What a sook.

Same here, but I did keep my membership alive during all those years, and donated to save our Skins. What else could one do?

Reactions: 1 user
They were tough, heartbreaking and demoralising years, but they made the two premierships oh so ******* great.

Was actually good for a laugh watching now in hindsight. Think it was just a teaser to Redemption in March 12.

Was actually good for a laugh watching now in hindsight. Think it was just a teaser to Redemption in March 12.
[/QUOT

It was not a laugh during those times one wants to forget. If you do not have it right at the top goodbye *smile*. When the Tigers recruited John Pitura from the South Melbourne for Brian "Whale' Roberts, Graeme Teasdale & Francis Jackson was that a disaster especially when Teasdale won a Brownlow

Have to admit, most times i couldn't see the light at the end of the very long and dark tunnel.
There were a few times you would get your hopes up that the club was changing. 1995 & 2000.
But the following years were major downers.

Have to admit, most times i couldn't see the light at the end of the very long and dark tunnel.
There were a few times you would get your hopes up that the club was changing. 1995 & 2000.
But the following years were major downers.
think you mean 2001, in 2000 we finished 9th with 11 wins,

2001, 15 wins, finished 3rd , beat Carlton the week after 9/11

think you mean 2001, in 2000 we finished 9th with 11 wins,

2001, 15 wins, finished 3rd , beat Carlton the week after 9/11

Correct.
I was just testing to see if anyone noticed...

• Haha
The lost years? These were the hardest years, the darkest years, the roarin' years, the fallen years. These should not be forgotten years.
The hardest years, the wildest years, the desperate and divided years. We will remember, these should not be forgotten years.

The lost years? These were the hardest years, the darkest years, the roarin' years, the fallen years. These should not be forgotten years.
The hardest years, the wildest years, the desperate and divided years. We will remember, these should not be forgotten years.
I thought it was a great omen when The Killers played that Oils song before we won in 2017.

Reactions: 4 users
I was there during all the pain, it's now nice to look back and remember how we hung tough for all those years. The show was made in 2013, I think. It jumped the gun a bit, but it proved to be prophetic.

It was a trainwreck and a lesson in how not to run a place. The difference from being a fairly amateur sport, run by egos, to a system. How the board did not have reviews and change things shows how bad it was. I felt that during the early 200's the players ran things rather than the management.