Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Olympics Tokyo 2021 - sport

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I reckon the Matildas did well all things considered.
You say they finished 3rd in their group, which is true, but omits the fact the 2 they finished behind are the 2 best teams in the world.

True - but my logic is at least consistent brodderz - I claimed they are overrated and now I'm claiming they over-achieved :cool:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Gustavsson has done better than expected, but I'm still surprised that didn't go with Joe Montemurro

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Geez I hate that chant. You are an absolute lame, corny Australian sap in my book if you start yelling that out. One of my pet hates. As bad as any of the annoying US yell outs. Totally cringeworthy.
It's the worst thing in the world.
Yep, it's like fingernails down a blackboard when I hear it.

Been the only positive from the pandemic. ..... stopping them *smile* fanatics dickheads from travelling the globe embarrassing the rest of us!

(Also, I wonder if the rest of the world wonders why we wear green and gold and still drape ourselves in a totally different colour flag?...... I wont get started on that symbol of the empire which adorns it!)

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It's the worst thing in the world.
I don't like it but that's some real hyperbole there.

I would put the cringeworthy garbage that Port Adelaide fans crap on with before every home game above it as far as *smile* things go.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Been the only positive from the pandemic. ..... stopping them *smile* fanatics dickheads from travelling the globe embarrassing the rest of us!

(Also, I wonder if the rest of the world wonders why we wear green and gold and still drape ourselves in a totally different colour flag?...... I wont get started on that symbol of the empire which adorns it!)

Owen Wright, Bronze in the Surfing, gave the world his version of the Oi Oi Oi.

Italians & Japanese are two nations off the top of my head who's sporting colours don't match their National Flag

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

I'm not opposed to a change of flag per se. And have seen some cracking green and gold designs (based on the Northern Territory flag as a template for design) that would be a great replacement. But I note that national colours don't always correlate with flag colours.

NZ wears all black and don't have a black flag. Even the favoured choice to replace their colonial era flag, in the flag referendum was blue, red and white (only with a little bit of black). South Africa another who's national sporting colours don't correlate particularly to the flag. Netherlands another with their famous orange coloured sporting strips. Germany, always a white strip with black shorts ,again not particularly correlating with their flag. For some unknown reason, the Japanese national soccer team always wears dark blue. Fiji with their white strip with black shorts. Uruguay sporting teams wearing teal with black shorts. Italians wearing blue.......there's some strange anomalies about the place that probably have fascinating quirky historical reasonings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Slovenia have Luka Doncic who is a top 5 player in the world and Goran Drajic who is an outstanding player in his own right. Doncic is certainly panels better than any player we have and Dragic is probably better than our best player as well. I have no idea about the rest of their team but they are obviously pretty good if they ran France (clearly second best team in the world) to one point.

I feel our boys are pretty devastated by the loss. I hope they can come back from it but not sure they can. Gut says 4th again.
They dont have Goran Dragic (he hasnt joined the team for these Olympics). They do however have his brother Zoran (very similar name haha). Will be a tough game due to them having Luka alone.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
They dont have Goran Dragic (he hasnt joined the team for these Olympics). They do however have his brother Zoran (very similar name haha). Will be a tough game due to them having Luka alone.
Are you shitting me? Really? Deadset didn't even know he had a brother. Whose name is Zoran? Goran and Zoran? Parents were obviously standing behind the door when they were handing out creativity. I just heard the name Dragic and thought I heard Goran so thought it was the NBA player. Didn't even look that closely at him. That is funny :mhihi

You know what else is funny that I didn't know Goran Drajic was Slovenian until I was watching that game last night (and it wasn't even him :mhihi). Just assumed he was Croatian or Serbian.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Are you shitting me? Really? Deadset didn't even know he had a brother. Whose name is Zoran? Goran and Zoran? Parents were obviously standing behind the door when they were handing out creativity. I just heard the name Dragic and thought I heard Goran so thought it was the NBA player. Didn't even look that closely at him. That is funny :mhihi

You know what else is funny that I didn't know Goran Drajic was Slovenian until I was watching that game last night (and it wasn't even him :mhihi). Just assumed he was Croatian or Serbian.
Haha and he actually looks very similar to Goran too! Very easy to just assume it was him. And yes I too always thought that Goran was Croatian or Serbian!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Brilliant effort for Garside to get where he did. Bronze. First in a while.

Cuban just another class.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Cuban was too big, too fast, too good.

Harry was very brave, a bit disappointing that he didn't keep his hands in the first two rounds.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

Gee he copped a few in the last round trying to go for broke. Cuban bloke just too fast and was countering everything with interest.

I wonder who wins the gold? The American in semi no.1 looked pretty classy. Cruz should win, but won't have it all his own way.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Sure was Baloo.

Heard it was Aus first medal in Boxing for 30 something years.

Shattered for him to lose that but the Cuban was too quick for him and his inside skills more than Garside.

No shame young man.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Modern Pentathlon - fencing, 200m freestyle, equestrian and then 'laser run' (which seems like glorified laser tag to me). Wtf?