On a high for 4 and a half years.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On a high for 4 and a half years....

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Was an amazing ride , even in 2018 the year we failed in the finals , we played some amazing football to break the consecutive win record at the G
Funnily 2018 was my favourite ever season. We didn’t win the flag, but we were the best side by a street. Going into every game I expected is to win. First time in my life I had ever felt that way. I always envied Hawks supporters through the 1980’s and for that glorious season I got that feeling. I still often watch the Collingwood x2, Geelong and Sydney games regularly. Well the second halves at least.
It still fills me with pride the way the commentators spoke about us, we have never had it before, including 2017.
McAvaney vs Sydney - “You’ve gotta shoot ‘em with a real big gun. You’ve gotta knock ‘em out” is my fave commentary line of all time. I can hear it even when I am not watching, and can picture the whole play - Rioli flies and Shedda goals - pure beauty.
We were amazing.
I love this club and regardless of where 2022 goes I am so bloody proud to be a Richmond man.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
*smile*,I love you. It doesn't get said enough, you're the best football writer in the country. :love:
Yeh I don't think we realise how lucky we are here on PRE. Peter McFarline & Les Carlyon were my favourites, Roebuck on cricket was amazing and Greg Baum can nail it. The great Dye'ere is in that company.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Maybe it's me but I still think we are playing some good footy when we are on. Its fitness and/or mental to keep it up.

@eZyT, there's no way I could survive 40 years in the wilderness. We have to get back within 5 years for me to be content

I drank my fill.

The AFL could stop tommorow and i wouldnt really care,

If i could still go watch suburban footy, where the umps dont really bother with stand and dob and all the other *smile*

Not sour grapes, cause im with Capn,

We'll play a substantial role in Sept

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
there's no way I could survive 40 years in the wilderness. We have to get back within 5 years for me to be content

No way I could survive 40 years full stop. Hopefully flying the boys down for the 19 Grand Final will be enough to keep them rusted on no matter how barren the future is.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
You could argue that taking each of the four seasons in their entirety, 2018 was when we were at our most dominant.
We certainly were, Denmark. Two games clear at the top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season, if I remember correctly. 2018 the Tigers were awesome. Shoulda gone B2B that year. Will always be a minor lament of mine even in all the joy of three mighty flags.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Our history shows when we come good we come extremely good. There's never a one year wonder.
Loved every minute
I'm soooo happy

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
We certainly were, Denmark. Two games clear at the top of the ladder at the end of the home and away season, if I remember correctly. 2018 the Tigers were awesome. Shoulda gone B2B that year. Will always be a minor lament of mine even in all the joy of three mighty flags.

A Collingwood supporter I know (mate) texted me after that game in 2018. Whats the difference between Richmond and a Arsonist? An Arsonist wouldn't waste 22 matches. But it was a great year. Should of seen him after the Grand Final, he looked like a bloke who had a stroke.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
A Collingwood supporter I know (mate) texted me after that game in 2018. Whats the difference between Richmond and a Arsonist? An Arsonist wouldn't waste 22 matches. But it was a great year. Should of seen him after the Grand Final, he looked like a bloke who had a stroke.
Push up, text your buddy back.
What are the main differences between Richmond and Colonwood supporters?
Recent successes
And
A full set of Teeth! :))

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yeh I don't think we realise how lucky we are here on PRE. Peter McFarline & Les Carlyon were my favourites, Roebuck on cricket was amazing and Greg Baum can nail it. The great Dye'ere is in that company.

He is the best. A local treasure.

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I've really enjoyed the ride so far , well who wouldn't

the end result of the Saints game was a sad punch in the guts

but I did luv
Cotch really cracking in , and it got noticed by commentators and got under the skin of some oppo players
speed of ball movement , I'm sure it was a tweaked game plan poking thru , I hope it can be polished a bit , will be a great watch if they get it right
Broad - that was a seriously good game until he was moved when Grimmes went off , and he's had a very good season , he really has grown as a player
I was loving what I saw with Dow , Parker & Pickett
Then I watch the highlights package of Sonsie in the VFL , oh WOW , could the 5 drafted from last years National Draft be a fab 5 ??? if so thats era defining

I'm prepared for a bit of a smacking by the Dog's, as I don't think we are quite ready for them , but are hopeful we can then build a good season from there and then who knows :)

Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Have one of each at work. Copped it after both losses which was disappointing since I never rubbed our success in their faces the past 5 years. However this time I bit back.
To the carlscum supporter- less than 2 years since our last flag, more than 2 DECADES since your last flag.
To the saints flog- yes. Good win. I’ll just have to console myself with which DVD to watch from the 3 premiership victory packs to choose from. You need to decide whether to watch snippets from the 8 mm film of your flag or “The Streak” DVD . I envy you.

I hope they have good memories :ROFLMAO:
Apologies ,18 months or 1 1/2 years since last flag

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
You could argue that taking each of the four seasons in their entirety, 2018 was when we were at our most dominant.
Without doubt it was our best home and away season ,

that first half of the season at the G in particular , we were unstoppable

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I remember after the 2017 Grand Final, talking to a North supporter (yes, I do know one). Said he would much prefer barracking for North where they were pretty much always contending (which I suppose they were back then) even if it meant not winning flags.
I guess I was on a bit of a high at the time but I couldn't believe it. Guess that's why North are who they are.

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
I remember after the 2017 Grand Final, talking to a North supporter (yes, I do know one). Said he would much prefer barracking for North where they were pretty much always contending (which I suppose they were back then) even if it meant not winning flags.
I guess I was on a bit of a high at the time but I couldn't believe it. Guess that's why North are who they are.
I remember making a drunken bet with a norf supporting mate in 2013 that the tiges would win a flag before norf.

He lost.

Multiple times.