On the couch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On the couch

They didn't. As with every other coach since Daniher, bar perhaps Roos, they made a mistake appointing him.

Deep in the season they were a game out of the eight with the third-youngest side (to Round 18) in it. A week later he was sacked. Even after 186 and dropping their bundle, they finished level with us on points and percentage.

They weren't travelling terribly for such a young side. The club got impatient and stuffed it completely.

Reactions: 1 users
Deep in the season they were a game out of the eight with the third-youngest side (to Round 18) in it. A week later he was sacked. Even after 186 and dropping their bundle, they finished level with us on points and percentage.

They weren't travelling terribly for such a young side. The club got impatient and stuffed it completely.
Fair enough, didn't realise they were that young. They were the rising sexy it-girl team in 2010 (the peanut Dees scarf-waver Sheahan said they couldn't help but be the next Geelong with their plethora of first-round talent like Watts, Scully, Trengove, Morton, Gysberts, Grimes, Tapscott and Blease) and like the entitled silver spooners they are, thought it should all just happen for them.

Long may they suck, the deluded toffs.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Fair enough, didn't realise they were that young. They were the rising sexy it-girl team in 2010 (the peanut Dees scarf-waver Sheahan said they couldn't help but be the next Geelong with their plethora of first-round talent like Watts, Scully, Trengove, Morton, Gysberts, Grimes, Tapscott and Blease) and like the entitled silver spooners they are, thought it should all just happen for them.

There drafting has been horrific.
only Melbourne could take Watts at 1

Reactions: 1 user

I remember those days well, they barely paid any attention to us who were also building. They were prob a yr in front of us when we started but we overtook them pretty quickly.
Even in '18 H&A they only beat 2 top 8 sides so them missing the 8 wasn't the biggest shock yet the media hype train had them as a top 4 lock & most as flag favorite, but i didn't expect such an epic slide. I still laugh when during sept '18 when Darcy said on commentary the "Demon army is the biggest in the game" yet they play in front of seagulls every week...
The fact that the "Roos era" is hailed as a success shows where they are at as a Club.

I remember those days well, they barely paid any attention to us who were also building. They were prob a yr in front of us when we started but we overtook them pretty quickly.
Even in '18 H&A they only beat 2 top 8 sides so them missing the 8 wasn't the biggest shock yet the media hype train had them as a top 4 lock & most as flag favorite, but i didn't expect such an epic slide. I still laugh when during sept '18 when Darcy said on commentary the "Demon army is the biggest in the game" yet they play in front of seagulls every week...
The fact that the "Roos era" is hailed as a success shows where they are at as a Club.

Quite frankly I hope they stay in limbo for years.

On the couch is the Melbourne hour. Each year we how well Melbourne is flying in the preseason. By the first month they are floundering near the bottom of the ladder

On the couch is the Melbourne hour. Each year we how well Melbourne is flying in the preseason. By the first month they are floundering near the bottom of the ladder

Nice one ed. Maybe they should be called the Melbourne Flounders

Geez, they were actually tracking really nicely for the five years to 2018.

Hasn't it gone spectacularly pear-shaped?

I was astonished at the low calibre of their kicking on the weekend.

Oliver and Viney in particular just struggle to hit their targets. Even Fritsch, who I thought was a good kick, was poor.

Not only does it make it hard for the forwards, but it kills you the other way if your mates have swarmed ahead of the ball.

Dee-sastrous.

Probably have to put up with another 15 minutes of Lyon and Healy talking about the Dees again tonight.

:rotfl1 Jonathan Brown is analysing who was in the wrong re the Tigers V Swans game. He mentioned Garthwaite twice, on ya Browny, Garthwaite hasn't played a game this season:rotfl2

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
:rotfl1 Jonathan Brown is analysing who was in the wrong re the Tigers V Swans game. He mentioned Garthwaite twice, on ya Browny, Garthwaite hasn't played a game this season:rotfl2
I saw that. I had to rewind it twice to make sure I heard right. And these are “experts”?

Reactions: 2 users

Big Browny was one hell of a good footballer, but a thinker he ain’t.

Reminds me of what a caveman must have been like 20,000 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
He had Garthwaite labelled on the footage.

• Wow
Sharp as a bowling ball that boy!

• Haha
Wow. Just wow. Half of us would do his footy analysis gig for free!
What a joke

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users