On this day.............. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On this day..............

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Our second halves in the back end of that year were withering. No one could go with us. I went to the game thinking "if we're within 3 goals at half time we'll win", so when we were 9 points up I was very confident in the beer line. Two Crows fans behind me were discussing what they needed to do and I had to stop myself from turning around and telling them the game was already over.

(I hadn't had a drink until half time. I wanted to be compos. But I was so full of adrenaline I thought a couple to settle wouldn't hurt. I ordered and paid for two. They had to change the keg. I missed the sprint. But when the bloke turned back from the fresh keg he handed me a tray with four beers and I knew it was our day. The beers didn't see out the third quarter.)

I became more confident as we owned the first 15 minutes of the third quarter. The flash of doubt I had when Tex kicked a goal to bring it back to 20 was extinguished when Jack Graham that is answered almost immediately with his third. When George snapped his I was certain it was all over. From then on I just tried to soak it all up. I looked around the crowd, met as many eyes as I could, fist-pumped and grinned like a madman.

A friend of mine was sitting a few rows in front and was beside herself with anxiety at 3/4 time. "Em! Relax! We've got it! No way they can catch us!" I told her and everyone around. A few Crows fans looked my way but they couldn't even argue.

The last quarter. Ok, my knuckles were still a little white when Jack was lining up, but mostly it was a parade. I rang my brother: "Hey, mate! We're premiers!"

I didn't shed one tear. I partied hard with family, and raised a glass to my mum and aunt, who would have been overjoyed if only they hadn't been taken too early a few years prior. I think that's why I was on an emotional even keel. I told myself it was just a bloody game that I wasn't even involved in. I think I didn't want to get my hopes up and have them crushed.

Just a bloody game. A great bloody game. One of the best days and nights of my life.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
On this day in 1932.......
Richmond 13.14.92 defeated Carlton 12.11.83 to win our 3rd flag.
2 out of our 3 flags to that point were against the scum :)
:cupgold:cupgold:cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Ok folks this is the big one.

On this day:

On 2 October 1920:
53,908 spectators attended the Grand Final between Richmond and Collingwood at the MCG.

Richmond won 7.10 to 5.5
We won our first flag, and won back to back the following year :cupgold:cupgold

Time to repeat the dose.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
:eyes

On this day:

On 2 October 1920:
53,908 spectators attended the Grand Final between Richmond and Collingwood at the MCG.

Richmond won 7.10 to 5.5

Time to repeat the dose.

DS

:eyes YES PLS

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

On this day:

On 2 October 1920:

Richmond won 7.10 to 5.5

Time to repeat the dose.

DS
Beat me to it :)
The one that started the juggernaut :mhihi
Happy anniversary RFC

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
On this day in 1921........
Richmond 5.6.36 defeated Carlton 4.8.32 to win our second flag and our first back to back
:cupgold :cupgold

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
On this day in 1921........
Richmond 5.6.36 defeated Carlton 4.8.32 to win our second flag and our first back to back
:cupgold :cupgold
Okay. If I was Dimma I would be inviting a couple of these players into the rooms to give our players a pep talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

On this day:

On 2 October 1920:

Richmond won 7.10 to 5.5

Time to repeat the dose.

DS
My great grandfather and grandfather were at that game. If we win tonight and next week this year will be first tiger flag where one of my immediate family has not been there to witness it

• Wow

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
It was all over when Grigga went over the top to Lambo. All the clouds lifted we were home.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users