Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Can you blame them, Oldie? Ed Langdon is Robbie Flower incarnate. There has never been a mobile forward like Tom McDonald. Kozi is Cyril.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
On The Couch is definitely a Demon jerk-off fest right now.

Aah, leave them alone, let them jerk off in May if they like. Melbourne are very good but whether they can sustain it all year and win the lot is another matter altogether.

We'll see what happens in September.

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Come on, guys. I'm watching On The Couch and Gerard and Gaddy have declared eight Dees walk-up certainties for the All Home And Away team. And that's not counting May, who's the best key defender the world has ever seen.

Eight, maybe nine AHAA players. The flag is theirs.

NB: The mighty Adelaide had 8 AHAA 40-squad members in 2017, but only 3 in the team. We had 2, in the squad and the team. We had 8 squad/4 team in 2018, 4/2 in 2019 (Eagles 7/4, Scats 6/4) and 3/1 last year (Geelong and Port 5/3, West Coast 4/3, Bullducks 3/3. Now, of course, West Coast lost a home elimination final to Collingwood, who are so good they can't win a game, and The Ducks lost one to St Kilda, who are doing a good impression of 95 of their past 125 years, but the fact remains they have better players than us. Just look at the AHAA team).

We have had six individual AHHA players in one of the great eras: Dusty (3 times but not 2019 ffs), Rance, Jack, Houli, Grimes, Sheds all once each. No Cotchin or Prestia (but Merrett, Crouch and Dylan *smile* Shiel), no Vlastuin (but Stewart x2, Hurn x2, Ryan, Byrne-Jones, Sheppard, Haynes, Laird x2, Whitfield, Hibberd and Docherty.) No Lynch (but Daniher and Dixon).

Anyway, I digress. Richmond might only have had six AHAA players in four years of dominance, but Melbourne has eight, maybe nine, after nine rounds. That's how good they are. All hail.
Yeah I heard that. Just symptomatic of the chronic short term focus that exists in football. Not just the media, but fans as well.

Cold...hot...back to cold...hot again. Whatever’s in the moment.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
On The Couch is definitely a Demon jerk-off fest right now.
When they fall, and they will, it's going to hurt even more with all the talking up they've been doing.

Long way to go between now and the last Saturday in September.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Can you blame them, Oldie? Ed Langdon is Robbie Flower incarnate. There has never been a mobile forward like Tom McDonald. Kozi is Cyril.
Don’t forget a couple of years ago Gaddy claimed Oliver was the best midfielder the Demons had ever had and that’s a field that included Barassi at his best.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
This week us v lions is only game between top 8 teams.
If all others go to higher placed team is the 8 finalised?
I cannot picture any team currently outside 8 coming home strongly enough or anyone in 8 getting the shakes and dropping off.
Any other thoughts?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
And I only know who Darcy Byrne Jones is because he has a head like a half eaten pastie and a stupid *smile* name.
Magnificent.

And he's another AA defender who can't actually defend.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Interesting timing with Max King's new 4 @ $3m+ deal. Surely they've gotta be right up against the cap.......

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah I heard that. Just symptomatic of the chronic short term focus that exists in football. Not just the media, but fans as well.

Cold...hot...back to cold...hot again. Whatever’s in the moment.
It is all this palarvour and carry on with the mass media circle jerking that would make a Thitd Tigers flag even sweeter than any of the others.

Should the RFC get its mojo going full steam into September it could set up the ultimate deliciousness

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting timing with Max King's new 4 @ $3m+ deal. Surely they've gotta be right up against the cap.......
Thats a *smile* deal for King, he needs to hire Ned Guy as his agent !!!

Ned wouldve got him an extra million surely !!!

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I keep wondering if Brisbane is travelling as great as some would have us believe.
I saw something on one of the Fox shows that they're #1 in this, #2 in that, #1 in another etc, over the past 5 weeks and I thought gee, they are going well. ....

Then I checked who they've hash tagged the *smile* out of and apart from Port up there.... it ain't much chop...
Ess, Carl, Freo and GC.
We need to get back to hunting the crap out of them and I reckon if we do that and improve our overall connection we can get it done.... also in this era we're not big on consecutive losses to the same team!
#letsstickitupem!

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I agree @TigerMasochist .. first thing I thought of too.
Those tools over at Champs data should add an xtra column... Stages!

Him, Selwood, Zorko and Papley could have a Duck-Off on Brownlow night with the winner being awarded a neck brace... obviously named The Selwood in honour of Joel's consistency of effort !
Throw in Stagerfield, he'd be up there if he wasn't injured, as for kosi he's getting a lot of hype so they are clearly watching him, but no mentions of staging so they clearly ignore it, i wonder i they'll ignore it next time one of our blokes does it. I think we know the answer.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Nobody has been fierce with Dudbourne so far this year - not even us. They’ve had an insanely soft draw only playing two genuinely decent teams, us and Geethrow.

Granted they beat us and Geethrow but they haven’t even come close to getting a full dose from us or Geethrow and they still haven’t played the Dogs, Port, WCE, Brisbane and they’ve only been to Hobart and Canberra on the road. Big deal.

They’re yet to be really tested.

I’m betting London to a brick they’re gonna start getting wobbly in the second half of the season, or at least, faltering badly in the finals.
In '16 Norf started 9-0 with a soft draw & once they started playing some decent sides they ended up scraping into the 8 & getting smacked 1st week of Finals. Early flyers rarely go all the way.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I keep wondering if Brisbane is travelling as great as some would have us believe.
I saw something on one of the Fox shows that they're #1 in this, #2 in that, #1 in another etc, over the past 5 weeks and I thought gee, they are going well. ....

Then I checked who they've hash tagged the *smile* out of and apart from Port up there.... it ain't much chop...
Ess, Carl, Freo and GC.
We need to get back to hunting the crap out of them and I reckon if we do that and improve our overall connection we can get it done.... also in this era we're not big on consecutive losses to the same team!
#letsstickitupem!
Cameron has been in 15 1 v 1 contests this with & lost all of them, Daniher (Officer Doofy from Scary movie) has only won 15% of them, both bottom 5 in the AFL.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
How's Luke Beveridge's form?.... Just listened to him saying a couple of clubs whinged about them after 2016 in regards to how they disposed of the football etc.
Then goes onto say the AFL need to tighten up on prior opportunity and incorrect disposal ......
Let's get real..... his club, with him leading it, specifically trained to throw the ball and appear to have near-on perfected the technique!
I hope for Beveridge this is a classic ..... 'be careful what you wish for' moment!

Reactions: 5 users