Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
I am annoyed at Nank fine.
Last year we were targeted for staging..Grimes and Floss in one game.
Proven not so by tribunal. Now AFL have ignored staging to avoid that embarrassment again.
But Nank s was an open hand to the chest. Not a punch. Photo shows this.
Not a strike. Worth a free, maybe a fifty, not a fine. Hogan grossly exaggerated.
Should challenged at tribunal.
In the same game Baker was punched in the head with a fist..no free, no fifty, no fine....lucky the head is sacrosanct.
AFL have made a mess of the game.
Too many umpires..two is enough. Pay the frees and penalise acting...these things will then stop.Now it is open mayhem and confusion.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I did a bit of work with the Dees in the season they did well, was a very close knit group, and I was impressed by Goodwin (and I've been inner sanctum at multiple clubs), but some areas I wasn't super sold on there in terms of personnel. Jim Plunkett is a hugely underrated part of that club. They were doing a lot of work on connection and team buy-in back then, but decided to change that approach and go with a different provider...

Burgess was a big get for them, always takes a season or two to see a change in the training effect, especially when they went in basically the opposite method to their previous High Performance Manager.

Don't think theyll go all the way, but definitely have the tools to go deep into September. Think a player like Oliver actually needs to step up as a leader for them to go all the way, and do a Cotchin in terms of career arc.

Is this the season when during the following off season the players got scared about a pre-season camp and rather than bring their concerns to the club, they complained to the AFLPA? The group may have been connected, but not to the club.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Toby Greene out for at least four weeks after fracturing his shoulder in the third term.
Pretty tough effort to play it out tbh.
That certainly won't help the Giant$ who are the main team threatening us for a finals birth at this early stage..

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Toby Greene out for at least four weeks after fracturing his shoulder in the third term.
That certainly won't help the Giant$ who are the main team threatening us for a finals birth at this early stage..

Yep, we did well to keep him fairly quiet prior to that.... that goal he kicked from 50 from a handball receive from the pack made me spew, who was on him? Give him a few yards and he'll make you pay. Gun player.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Which of our players copped a fine for Toby getting hurt?....

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wonder if he hurt it roughing up Grub? Either way happy for the little shithead to miss a few games. Hell of a player n every team would love his talent on their list, but he's such an onfield *smile*.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Is this the season when during the following off season the players got scared about a pre-season camp and rather than bring their concerns to the club, they complained to the AFLPA? The group may have been connected, but not to the club.

They brought somebody new into the football department who had a specific view on what they thought would get them over the hump, it obviously backfired spectacularly. To be fair, was also a MASSIVE media beatup on what was reported vs what actually happened with that

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Which of our players copped a fine for Toby getting hurt?....
No fines for that one. Showed it on the news tonight, Broady tackled him over the goal / point line in the third qtr n Greene wound up with a bung wing.
Bawk Bawk Bawk Baaaawwwwwwk Chicken maaaaaan. He's everywhere he's everywhere! Oh wait, got carried away. We saved that one for Juddy.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nobody has been fierce with Dudbourne so far this year - not even us. They’ve had an insanely soft draw only playing two genuinely decent teams, us and Geethrow.

Granted they beat us and Geethrow but they haven’t even come close to getting a full dose from us or Geethrow and they still haven’t played the Dogs, Port, WCE, Brisbane and they’ve only been to Hobart and Canberra on the road. Big deal.

They’re yet to be really tested.

I’m betting London to a brick they’re gonna start getting wobbly in the second half of the season, or at least, faltering badly in the finals.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I’m betting London to a brick they’re gonna start getting wobbly in the second half of the season, or at least, faltering badly in the finals.
Absolutely. Happened before to a few teams inflating their wins early in the season. It's all hare v tortoise theory.

I reckon Adelaide might be some good money this week considering it's at the AO.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Absolutely. Happened before to a few teams inflating their wins early in the season. It's all hare v tortoise theory.

I reckon Adelaide might be some good money this week considering it's at the AO.
They don’t have a clue - yet - what a real full on, all game long, big heat game is.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
They don’t have a clue - yet - what a real full on, all game long, big heat game is.
Yep. Only interstate game was at Manuka against an out of form GWS. I reckon they can lose to the Cows and then the real heat (and fatigue) starts from the Dogs onwards.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Come on, guys. I'm watching On The Couch and Gerard and Gaddy have declared eight Dees walk-up certainties for the All Home And Away team. And that's not counting May, who's the best key defender the world has ever seen.

Eight, maybe nine AHAA players. The flag is theirs.

NB: The mighty Adelaide had 8 AHAA 40-squad members in 2017, but only 3 in the team. We had 2, in the squad and the team. We had 8 squad/4 team in 2018, 4/2 in 2019 (Eagles 7/4, Scats 6/4) and 3/1 last year (Geelong and Port 5/3, West Coast 4/3, Bullducks 3/3. Now, of course, West Coast lost a home elimination final to Collingwood, who are so good they can't win a game, and The Ducks lost one to St Kilda, who are doing a good impression of 95 of their past 125 years, but the fact remains they have better players than us. Just look at the AHAA team).

We have had six individual AHHA players in one of the great eras: Dusty (3 times but not 2019 ffs), Rance, Jack, Houli, Grimes, Sheds all once each. No Cotchin or Prestia (but Merrett, Crouch and Dylan *smile* Shiel), no Vlastuin (but Stewart x2, Hurn x2, Ryan, Byrne-Jones, Sheppard, Haynes, Laird x2, Whitfield, Hibberd and Docherty.) No Lynch (but Daniher and Dixon).

Anyway, I digress. Richmond might only have had six AHAA players in four years of dominance, but Melbourne has eight, maybe nine, after nine rounds. That's how good they are. All hail.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think the narrative is now we have a great “system”
You obviously don’t need great players when you have one of these. Anyone can join in. Easy.

I reckon if you asked most media peanuts who is the best midget in the league, Caleb Daniel would be a unanimous choice, yet he’s not a fraction of the footballer Baker is. Who would swap Baker for Daniel?

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Who would swap Baker for Daniel?
Only if I were making a Wolf of Wall Street fan-flick.

Screen-Shot-2013-11-19-at-3.33.50-PM.png

After all, Daniel comes complete with helmet.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think the narrative is now we have a great “system”
You obviously don’t need great players when you have one of these. Anyone can join in. Easy.

I reckon if you asked most media peanuts who is the best midget in the league, Caleb Daniel would be a unanimous choice, yet he’s not a fraction of the footballer Baker is. Who would swap Baker for Daniel?
Peanut: Richmond only has 4 good players.
You: Yeah, they sure are champions, to lift us to a premiership.
Peanut: LOL, no they're not.

2018-on
You: Mate, [insert your choice of Richmond player] is a damn good footballer.
Peanut: LOL, anyone could get a kick in that side.
You: Yeah, we are pretty awesome.
Peanut: LOL, no you're not.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Come on, guys. I'm watching On The Couch and Gerard and Gaddy have declared eight Dees walk-up certainties for the All Home And Away team. And that's not counting May, who's the best key defender the world has ever seen.

Eight, maybe nine AHAA players. The flag is theirs.

NB: The mighty Adelaide had 8 AHAA 40-squad members in 2017, but only 3 in the team. We had 2, in the squad and the team. We had 8 squad/4 team in 2018, 4/2 in 2019 (Eagles 7/4, Scats 6/4) and 3/1 last year (Geelong and Port 5/3, West Coast 4/3, Bullducks 3/3. Now, of course, West Coast lost a home elimination final to Collingwood, who are so good they can't win a game, and The Ducks lost one to St Kilda, who are doing a good impression of 95 of their past 125 years, but the fact remains they have better players than us. Just look at the AHAA team).

We have had six individual AHHA players in one of the great eras: Dusty (3 times but not 2019 ffs), Rance, Jack, Houli, Grimes, Sheds all once each. No Cotchin or Prestia (but Merrett, Crouch and Dylan *smile* Shiel), no Vlastuin (but Stewart x2, Hurn x2, Ryan, Byrne-Jones, Sheppard, Haynes, Laird x2, Whitfield, Hibberd and Docherty.) No Lynch (but Daniher and Dixon).

Anyway, I digress. Richmond might only have had six AHAA players in four years of dominance, but Melbourne has eight, maybe nine, after nine rounds. That's how good they are. All hail.
Classic post Spook ha ha. Have a look at that conga line of plonkers who have won AA selection ahead of Vlastuin. Docherty please!! I still don’t know who Luke Ryan is. And I only know who Darcy Byrne Jones is because he has a head like a half eaten pastie and a stupid *smile* name.

Bloody hell do these people even watch games??

Reactions: 3 users