Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

I like him, he was very noticable in the game against us last year. Speed, smarts and a beautiful kicker of the footy.
Absolutely. I watched him closely in our practice match with them in the pre season. He gave our backline fits and his finishing was A grade. He goes hard at it too.

Reactions: 1 user
The rohan hit on. CAMERON WAS SO UNESSCESSARY, even though it's his teamate,everything he did was what they were saying not too,much worse than mansell

Reactions: 1 users
The king boys cop a lot of *smile*,but they are heading to becoming huge forwards, their stats for young talls are fantastic, their best is several years ahead of both.Screenshot_20230701_233342_AFL.jpg

Looks like Cracksbourne is back on the slide list. Fans already turned on Goodie again pre-2021 style. Dimma might be their coach....

• Haha
Read that Grundy has been dropped for this rounds game. Karen will be right on to this disaster of a trade …like he would if Richmond dropped TT.

Read that Grundy has been dropped for this rounds game. Karen will be right on to this disaster of a trade …like he would if Richmond dropped TT.
Are we hearing anything about Lobb being dropped? Yet another dud trade.

Yes but what is the trade going to look like in 5 years?!

• Haha
Have West Coast asked for their priority pick yet ?

We were shitt for 37 years bout time others learned how to swim.

Its the modern day every one needs to win mentality.

Be Better Do Better Get Better .............its how its done.

The hype will be immense about this boy cause it’s Essendon but watch that clip and tell me that’s the footskills of an elite mid.

The hype will be immense about this boy cause it’s Essendon but watch that clip and tell me that’s the footskills of an elite mid.
Quick hands.
Just back from injury? By foot its rusty to wacky

That was a nice comeback by Ratten today.

“The only time he [Riewoldt] came was for free physio, that’s the only time he was at the club, so I don’t know where he saw those standards,” Ratten said.

So how do you stop Collingwoods 4th quarter blitzkreig?

I see two ways; both extremely difficult

1. Decode then recognise when collingwood are in the energy conservation modes in the first 3 quarters, and do your own corridor mayhem and score.
Im going use a cycling analogy and call this 'The Peleton Break-away technique'
Hope you get a defensible lead.
This technique would be tiring physically and mentally, so you would need to go into a crude slow multi stoppage maul game in the 4th quarter.

2. Knock the stuffing out of them for the first 3 quarters. Ill use a boxing analogy and call this 'reverse rope-a-dope'. Land on them, punch them in the back of the head, drop knees into ribs every single contest until they are too sore and rooted to execute 4th qtr blitzkrieg.
Old fashion, crude, terry wallace technology.

Neither of these are easy. Im clutching at straws.

The best side wins the flag 9/10 and collingwood are 2023's best side by 3 goals (they beat 2nd best, with only 1/3 of their strike force having any impact - elliot - daicos - degoey is their 3 headed monster. Last night port cut off two heads, and lost.

No, only two things will stop collingwood winning the 2023 premiership

1. Injury - to two of; degoey, moore, elliot, daicos, or

2. Momentum - theyve had it for a long time without pause, and it ends

1. Decode then recognise when collingwood are in the energy conservation modes in the first 3 quarters, and do your own corridor mayhem and score.
This technique would be tiring physically and mentally, so you would need to go into a crude slow multi stoppage maul game in the 4th quarter.

2. Knock the stuffing out of them for the first 3 quarters. Ill use a boxing analogy and call this 'reverse rope-a-dope'. Land on them, punch them in the back of the head, drop knees into ribs every single contest until they are too sore and rooted to execute 4th qtr blitzkrieg.

The best side wins the flag 9/10 and collingwood are 2023's best side by 3 goals (they beat 2nd best, with only 1/3 of their strike force having any impact - elliot - daicos - degoey is their 3 headed monster. Last night port cut off two heads, and lost.

Confidence is such a strong factor late in games. Teams who believe they can win often do. We believed yesteryear and kicked the last 6. The pies believe.
But at some point the ball bounces the wrong way and you don't. The match winning goal came from a mark 5cm in the field of play- the Port missed their chance by a spill that came just in time.
The Pies are the team to beat, but they won't always win the close ones, and won't always run teams down in the last. It would be nice if they fail in the finals twice by under a goal. Again.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Confidence is such a strong factor late in games. Teams who believe they can win often do. We believed yesteryear and kicked the last 6. The pies believe.
But at some point the ball bounces the wrong way and you don't. The match winning goal came from a mark 5cm in the field of play- the Port missed their chance by a spill that came just in time.
The Pies are the team to beat, but they won't always win the close ones, and won't always run teams down in the last. It would be nice if they fail in the finals twice by under a goal. Again.

Yeah Fly definately has them on the razors edge.

Age may weary them yet?

Without looking at the data, ports heavy lifters (rozee, JHF, butters, dursma, allir, burgman) seem younger than pies heavy lifter (degoey, moore, elliot, sidebottom, daicos)

And port seems to have less veterans (boak, dixon) than collingwood (pendles, sidebottom, miocheck, cox, elliot)

Though i thought Wines looked 33 last night but hes only 28.

Im clutching at straws.

Mentally is the way to beat them, but also strong physical tackles. We have to shake off our clumsiness to succeed again. I might look back to analyse our game against them early in the season when we had chances.