Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
"AFL great backs ‘real deal’ Demons to contend for flag after perfect start to 2021"

Sub editor really struggling to find a headline over at Fox footy. ...... Automatically thought......hmmm, AFL great, G.Lyon? Someone even greater. .....? Leigh Matthews, Dermie or Dunstall? KB, Royce or Francis?

So they got me in and I clicked on the link......... https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...g/news-story/cf21a0d1ac5f597cdcb553dd0f2dd0fe ......:rotfl1:rotfl2:clap1

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Simpson was a good player, always liked him despite being a blue-bagger

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Just on Rabblebourne... low-profile president Glen Bartlett is allegedly being pushed out in favour of a female replacement. Not sure what's going on there.

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Pies or Cats will be seriously considering this option. ... fits age demographic.
Says he'd do it if the team was contending.
If Bachar's calves play up I reckon he'd be worth a look. Very good player right till the end, and says he's ready to go. And I think he'd know his body.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just on Rabblebourne... low-profile president Glen Bartlett is allegedly being pushed out in favour of a female replacement. Not sure what's going on there.
Obviously seen what a great job Peggy has done. I expect to hear in the next few days that Goodwin is dating a junior staffer and the HUN will have photos of them walking the dog in Elwood. Petracca will run out this week covered in tatts and will appear in a TV ad for Tradie jocks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hah hah hah hah. Dudbourne. FFS. Do people ever learn anything ? They've sharpened up their ball movement (which has been terrible the last few years), but they've got little to nothing up forward and are almost exclusively relying on short kicks to small forwards to kick a score. That's got a limited future - especially against well co-ordinated backlines.

Spargo, Neal-Bullen, Jones, Sparrow, Langdon, Tomlinson, Jordon ....and others. Please, give me a break.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Mark Williams being feted as the catalyst behind Melbourne's turn around. Pretty sure the real success at Richmond didn't start until after we sacked him.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Back in 2017 when we started the season with 5 wins for the first time since ‘95 hardly anyone said we were any good. In fact the common refrain was that we hadn’t beaten anyone of quality. Weird how they’re salivating over Egobourne.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Back in 2017 when we started the season with 5 wins for the first time since ‘95 hardly anyone said we were any good. In fact the common refrain was that we hadn’t beaten anyone of quality. Weird how they’re salivating over Egobourne.

Well hopefully after they go 5-0 this week we can bring them back down to earth on ANZAC Eve with a thud.