Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Carlton are added to the annual examples of why we should never listen to the media hyping up a team over summer after another recruiting spree, they fail every time

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Out for a month. not that it matters. West Coast are easily the most overrated team in the comp. If we can’t beat them over there, we don’t deserve top 4.
Been on this for a while, it's about time the media are finally starting to pick up on it.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Fair bit of discussion about young Liam Stocker after getting a toweling from Liam Ryan last week.
I know he's only young so loathe to have a crack but the Blues gave up plenty to get him (insert SOS fist pump here) as an inside mid & yet they're playing him as a back pocket? Since there was some rumour at the time that they thought they'd gazumped Richmond, I've watched him closely a bit & must admit to not seeing much...

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Fair bit of discussion about young Liam Stocker after getting a toweling from Liam Ryan last week.
I know he's only young so loathe to have a crack but the Blues gave up plenty to get him (insert SOS fist pump here) as an inside mid & yet they're playing him as a back pocket? Since there was some rumour at the time that they thought they'd gazumped Richmond, I've watched him closely a bit & must admit to not seeing much...
Got a feeling the kid might be suffering from Teagueitis.
Inside mid type trying to tag Ryan.
Docherty playing on a wing instead of defence.
Curnow their best shut down contested type tagger playing somewhere.
Murphy playing forward flank, pocket.
Reckon Teaguey might be trying anything n everything pretending to look busy n inspirational when maybe he's got no idea n his players don't much give a *smile* anyway.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Don't mind his attitude or attack on the ball and man. Hasn't been fully Carltoned yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Hey @Tigers of Old - From memory didn't we expect to take Stocker but then when Cartoon gazumped us we took RCD instead? Or was it Balta?

Memory is failing me.

Rumour has it that we interviewed Stocker before the draft and told him in no uncertain terms that his defensive running was pretty much non existent. Not sure that we were going to pick him up or not but the draft 'experts' had us picking him with our first pick. Hence when Carlton traded and picked him before us, everyone just assumed that we were trumped, and SOS had his sh1t eating grin.

Maybe Teague has finally seen what we originally saw, hence playing him in defence. Or maybe Teague just has no idea.

Reactions: 2 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
The biggest criticism of NAB League midfielders when they step into the AFL system is that they dont run defensively, so doubt that'd have been an issue specifically to Stocker. ****This will be even worse moving forward as NAB Leaguers will play a lot of school and local footy instead of the elite pathway, so theyll all step in with lots of really bad habits that will take time to coach out of them

Stocker is a solid citizen player, not a 1st round player. Doesnt help he is being played out of position, if you want to develop those traits you need to either accept that they'll get towelled up and look lost for a while, or do at VFL level

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Carlton spend over 2 million on Saad, Williams and Docherty.

Then put Stocker one out on Ryan. Criminal by Teague.

Has played 13 games, is 21. I’m still a fan.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Carlton spend over 2 million on Saad, Williams and Docherty.

Then put Stocker one out on Ryan. Criminal by Teague.

Has played 13 games, is 21. I’m still a fan.
Coach killing move. Self inflicted.
But the problem with the three you mention - they are not a defenders *smile*. Not one of them goes near an opponent.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Can't play on an opponent?! Are you a *smile* ing footballer or not?

Scoop's right, horrible move by Teague. Even if he'd done it to humiliate his senior tap-dancers (he's not that clever), he torched a kid in the process. Not cool.

Are they tanking again?

Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Carlton have 1.5 million on 2 defenders and none are kpd.
Over the last 3 years they also have had several older players who were in their best 12 players and their recruiting hasn't found enough players to replace them.
Also way to many players not naturally hard enough .
Mid field is wafer thin with very few mids pushing up from their early picks.

• Haha