Our back 6 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our back 6

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
It's a really sad day knowing Astbury is finishing up.
Astbury Houli (most likely) and Rance all gone from the 2017 Premiership side.
*I heard Grimes wasn't a certainty to stay either.
It will be hard, near impossible to replace this group.
Hopefully the club dosent think Pickett and Flappers are the replacements.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Grimes only signed a new contract this year. Where have you heard that? It was a concern of mine coming in to this year that Grimes might hang it up at the end of this year due to having his life after footy all ready to go, but he's only signed a new contract recently, can't see him reneging on that.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Grimes only signed a new contract this year. Where have you heard that? It was a concern of mine coming in to this year that Grimes might hang it up at the end of this year due to having his life after footy all ready to go, but he's only signed a new contract recently, can't see him reneging on that.
Im not sure he just looks like he has had enough. he was spent after last year, its a Wait and see

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
We definitely need some senior body experience. If Talia's body is not done I would be giving him a shout.

Reactions: 7 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Im not sure he just looks like he has had enough. he was spent after last year, its a Wait and see
Yeah - noticed this also.

If Grimes stays then we should be ok injuries permitting.

Balta, Grimes, Broad, Vlastuin, Rioli, Stack, Short, Mansell is a good starting point. The worry is injuries.

Wouldn't be the worst move to get Talia in a a FA.

Reactions: 1 user

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Balta is trying to be the new Rance.
Rioli can be the new Houli.
Talia can be the new Dave.

And I can be the new Garthwaite.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
On Grimes, his winery would be bleeding cash and would be a great stress on him and his wife. He looks like a guy whose mind is elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

On the ball as usual - here‘s a bit from The Age website just now including a quote from Grimes

Astbury’s decision did not turn Grimes’ head towards the idea of retirement yet

“I have got a few more years left yet hopefully. If the body holds up I have certainly got a few more years in me.

“Even this year, where it has been tougher, I have still really enjoyed my footy. It is a different challenge but we have funnily enough been in this position before where we have missed finals after playing finals.

Reactions: 4 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Now Dave is gone If we want to contend next year we need a ready made key defender as coverage. Otherwise we are an injury to Grimes or Balta away from being completely exposed down back.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
On Grimes, his winery would be bleeding cash and would be a great stress on him and his wife. He looks like a guy whose mind is elsewhere.

Hmm, no new releases since I last bought wine there, but I would assume there would be more coming sooner or later.

They are still selling 2018 and 2019 Pinot along with 2015 CabSav along with some sparkling and white wine.

Support your local defender/wine maker: https://www.mountmacedonwinery.com.au/shop

I tend to age wine but I did try one of the sparkling wines last year and it was very nice. Good region for Pinot and I expect the CabSav will be good too, I leave them until they are more than a few years old.

They also sell beer :cool:

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Our only experienced tall backs are Balta, Grimes and Broad, heaven forbid if we get an injury or 2 like we did this year.
Need to bring in some experience and Talia fits the bill. Besides Miller the cupboard is bare.

Reactions: 2 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Key priority is another one (perhaps 2) KPD on our list. Providing medical is Ok, Daniel Talia should strongly be considered. Sam Taylor is the dream!

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Our only experienced tall backs are Balta, Grimes and Broad, heaven forbid if we get an injury or 2 like we did this year.
Need to bring in some experience and Talia fits the bill. Besides Miller the cupboard is bare.

Biggie? but he's got a way to go yet.

Getting someone like Talia for cheap is good insurance.