Our new Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our new Coach

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Well said Lil.

We have problems across the board that the club needs to deal with, and I don't think the issue of captaincy is it.

The list is poor and the coach is a dud.

We can't truely expect to move forward until both of these issues are addressed. If Spud is still around in 2004, I won't be expecting anything, in fact I would expect to go backwards, as he appears to have no idea about setting up the team up to kick enough goals.

With the changes being forecast to the list, a bit of short term pain will be the likely effect, which I can cop as long as the club is building towards something.

As for a new coach, I would prefer Wallace over O'Donnell as we need an experienced coach with some flair. People point to Wallaces record and say he has no success. But what he acheived with that list should be considered a huge effort.

Bring on plough..

P

PuntRoadRoar

not so true about the titanic koalalill,

you surely must have watched that crap movie a few years ago, it was the owners of the ship that ordered the captain to go full tilt through what they already knew was icy waters, so the captain did what he was told... full steam ahead and then a big bang.. the rest was history.

and the correlation i see with our club and the titanic is we are now the "titanic" and our leaders are telling dudley fraudley to go full tilt straight into that great iceberg through icy waters........the rest is history ;D

lotus2

I'm a llama!
Jul 13, 2003
Miller says Frawley stays next year,smart man that Miller while everyone thinks hes a *smile* for saying that i reckon hes doing it cause hes got something else cooking in his plans,for example Sheedy and Matthews are tied until the end of next year,why change Frawley now just to put some other *smile* in,Millers thinking better we wait one year then go all out for one of these two,and im betting its Sheedy who will coach us in 2005.Hes made no secret of the fact that he still has yellow and black in his blood....Yes loyal supporters strap yourself for another boring year with Frawley,then in 2005 Sheedy will come back home for good.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
PuntRoadRoar said:
…it was the owners of the ship that ordered the captain to go full tilt through what they already knew was icy waters, so the captain did what he was told... full steam ahead and then a big bang.. the rest was history.

and the correlation i see with our club and the titanic is we are now the "titanic" and our leaders are telling dudley fraudley to go full tilt straight into that great iceberg through icy waters........the rest is history ;D

Is it our leaders that have been steering the ship, or we members?

Some will say it is because of us that they continue to make short-sighted decisions. They have to take responsibility for that.

But, if that is the case, we, as members/supporters (owners if you like) of the Club are ordering the Captain to go sink us and we have to take some responsibility for this as well. Because we have also played a part in this.

P

PuntRoadRoar

lol MC24,

yeah i think of myself as one of those peasant guests that is locked down in the bottom part of the ship, while the rich and wealthy lap it up and talk about the good old days...

also in regards to miller recruiting sheedy, i wouldnt think that would ever happen while miller is at richmond because wasnt miller the guy sheedy referred to as one of "the white marshmellows"?

think there is some past tension between those 2.

kb7882

Tiger Champion
Jul 10, 2003
Lilydale
Sounds like Frawley will be there next year like it or not.
Time now to concentrate on the 'passengers'.