Our Secret Weapon for 2020 Success | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our Secret Weapon for 2020 Success

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Something just occurred to me that I think will be our secret weapon for 2020 success.....

Alex Rance.

Just kidding.:p

In all seriousness, while the rest of the league will slug out the next month of non stop footy to get the seasons completed, the majority of our key players will be sitting on the sidelines recovering from an injury. This is what happened last year in the half of the season & in August, Sept - big time.

This year we are looking at the same thing, but x 10 due to the compressed fixture.

If we can get through the next 3 games and still be within a game of the top 4, i'd back us to get a top 4 spot. I'd also back our currently injured/resting stars to have the experience to come back in and 'turn it on' & that extra fresh legs in them will be INCREDIBLY important in this compressed season

If 2018 was the grand final we deserved to win, then 2020 might be the year where we steal it back:cupgold

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
We know our depth is good, we are about to find out about everyone else's
I don't think Colonwood's looked too good against WCE last game. Hoping all their forthcoming opponents, because it looks like an easy run of games for the Skunks on paper, are going to school on that tape. You need big competitive, marking KFs who can separate Moore and Roughead. There's no Howe to be the 3rd tall sweeper who takes great intercept marks. Their FL turned into a wasteland against a strong marking defence and mobile runners. Mihocek ended up being swapped with Moore by Q4. No DeGoey.

Just saying, sorry. Know you didn't mention them, but I just wanted to express my joy at this outcome re an example of other teams' lack of depth.

But, watch out. Could bring back Cox.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The main issue with our injuries is in regard to Dion and Nank and how their ankles are rehabbing and recovering.

These two are the only long term concern with the Skippa needing smart management and monitoring to get him through.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I don't think Colonwood's looked too good against WCE last game. Hoping all their forthcoming opponents, because it looks like an easy run of games for the Skunks on paper, are going to school on that tape. You need big competitive, marking KFs who can separate Moore and Roughead. There's no Howe to be the 3rd tall sweeper who takes great intercept marks. Their FL turned into a wasteland against a strong marking defence and mobile runners. Mihocek ended up being swapped with Moore by Q4. No DeGoey.

Just saying, sorry. Know you didn't mention them, but I just wanted to express my joy at this outcome re an example of other teams' lack of depth.

They are the worlds greatest tin arses they will win some even when its not expected.

The question for them is going to be Grundy and how he is managed.

DeGoey, Pendlebury Sidebottom and Howe (all out) are 4 of their best 8 players aside from (Grundy, Trelol, Adams, Crisp and Stephenson).

If they lose Grundy they are completely ratshit.

He will probably be rested in an easier game for them and they will run with Cox and Cameron.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Well, the umps virtually provide them with an extra man - it's almost a statistical fact. But they're not getting Howe or DeGoey back in a hurry so how ready they will be for finals, match-fitness wise, is doubtful.
That match proved how much they still rely on Pendles too. And he's getting on, his legs starting to show it.

The Weagles cut holes in their armour - other clubs can gleen a lot from it. If you have the personnel to take advantage.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Something just occurred to me that I think will be our secret weapon for 2020 success.....

Alex Rance.

Just kidding.:p

In all seriousness, while the rest of the league will slug out the next month of non stop footy to get the seasons completed, the majority of our key players will be sitting on the sidelines recovering from an injury. This is what happened last year in the half of the season & in August, Sept - big time.

This year we are looking at the same thing, but x 10 due to the compressed fixture.

If we can get through the next 3 games and still be within a game of the top 4, i'd back us to get a top 4 spot. I'd also back our currently injured/resting stars to have the experience to come back in and 'turn it on' & that extra fresh legs in them will be INCREDIBLY important in this compressed season

If 2018 was the grand final we deserved to win, then 2020 might be the year where we steal it back:cupgold
The bonus is, we have the best rehab and conditioning staff in the AFL.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Richmond v West Coast grand final this year as both teams are seriously good.The rest are just pretenders.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Richmond v West Coast grand final this year as both teams are seriously good.The rest are just pretenders.
If that happens I want the GF to be at the Gabba. Be worth it just to hear all the moaning about how unfair it is to the Weagles.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If its at the Gabba we will murder them

They will campaign and campaign and campaign non stop to get it over there.

I'm happy with it in Brizneyland, unless its against the Bears then we play in Perth :))

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Gotta get into a position to prior to even worrying about that stuff to be fair.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Can't see the GF being anywhere but one of the Gs: MC- or -abba. Still a small chance of it being at the home of footy, but more likely our northern stronghold (16 years undefeated). No way the AFL will not reward Queensland for saving the season, on top of the promotional boon for the game up there. The salty Sandgropers can't complain when their state did nothing to help.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Didn’t the AFL praise Queensland for saving the season?
Be rude to play the grand final in WA

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
If its at the Gabba we will murder them

They will campaign and campaign and campaign non stop to get it over there.

I'm happy with it in Brizneyland, unless its against the Bears then we play in Perth :))

If this looks likely to happen I am going to get COVID, fly to WA, & lick everything i can see.......

.........fyi this is a joke. Please do not arrest me secret police.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If this looks likely to happen I am going to get COVID, fly to WA, & lick everything i can see.......

.........fyi this is a joke. Please do not arrest me secret police.

Screw the Fighting Tiger Fund .....this is real commitment to the cause !!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ahhh the Kochies meh .............its gonna be sweet watching them fall to bits again.

Hopefully it all starts after the Tigers belt the pi55 outta them on their home ground.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

I'll happily read any description of a Collingwood loss.

Seemed last night Jack/Lynch weren't flying for the same ball so this will help with that if we end up playing them later in the season.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
If that happens I want the GF to be at the Gabba. Be worth it just to hear all the moaning about how unfair it is to the Weagles.
I'll happily beat them in Perth which will shut up the whole #VicBias movement once & for all. Also gets rid of the "MCG" whingeing if we can win it this yr.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Can't see the GF being anywhere but one of the Gs: MC- or -abba. Still a small chance of it being at the home of footy, but more likely our northern stronghold (16 years undefeated). No way the AFL will not reward Queensland for saving the season, on top of the promotional boon for the game up there. The salty Sandgropers can't complain when their state did nothing to help.
This is a very good point, WA Gov't still not helping much either....
This is a golden opportunity for the AFL to attract interest in QLD