Out of Contract 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Out of Contract 2020

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Some interesting contract signings to consider for our Footy dept this year

NathanBroad
JoshCaddy
RileyCollier Dawkins
Luke English
RyanGarthwaite
JackGraham
BacharHouli
OlegMarkov
BenMiller
TobyNankervis
JaydenShort
FraserTurner

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
IMO , At most risk are Johnny English, Funky Miller & Lego

Bachar & Garthy will be playing for another 12 month extension, all the rest deserve multi year contracts

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Why Garthwaite?
This will be his 4th year on the list and hasnt really grabbed his chance (albeit chance have been limited) , his last contract was for 1 year so assume the next if forthcoming will be the same
Dont get me wrong, I love him @ VFL level & he MAY make it but his slow hand to foot kicking technique works against him @ AFL level

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This will be his 4th year on the list and hasnt really grabbed his chance (albeit chance have been limited) , his last contract was for 1 year so assume the next if forthcoming will be the same
Dont get me wrong, I love him @ VFL level & he MAY make it but his slow hand to foot kicking technique works against him @ AFL level
4th year but still just 21. I agree this is the year to step up but even if not, I reckon he should be given another 2 at most. This'll be one to watch Taz.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Graham is the most crucial IMO. SA teams will be into him. How much are we willing to pay to keep him given his wonky shoulders?

Nank the other interesting one - if Soldo holds his spot and CCJ stakes his claim, do we look to cash in on Nank or is he too crucial to the fabric of the club?

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Graham is the most crucial IMO. SA teams will be into him. How much are we willing to pay to keep him given his wonky shoulders?

Nank the other interesting one - if Soldo holds his spot and CCJ stakes his claim, do we look to cash in on Nank or is he too crucial to the fabric of the club?

Nank is the one who would get pushed out. Trade him to Suns next year for a second round pick and use that pick to help get young Green from GWS

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
IMO, Markov is the most in danger on that list. There is a number of kids coming through who can do what he does, but likely better. And then you see him behind Stack and McIntosh for a backline spot. That is tough.

I had high hopes for Miller, and the club has kept him round, but needs to do more than just show potential soon.

Nank will be a priority resigning, can’t see him going anywhere next year.

Graham will be kept as well. Can’t see either SA club being in the position to offer him a deal we can’t accomodate if Rance doesn’t come back.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Ccj is Ottens part 2.
He would be a priority and then its up to the club if they want to have 3 geniune talls on the list.
Nakas and soldo wouldn't be on huge coin anyway.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Graham is a fantastic kid, but he does have shoulder issues.
Not sure both SA clubs would be as keen now, compared to his performance in the 17 GF.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Much smaller list than this time last yr, min 3 have to go as per the rules so it will be an interesting watch indeed. Some may go looking elsewhere for opportunities re: game time etc

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Am I right in thinking that CCJ is more likely a tall forward than a ruckman? Riewoldt replacement?

If so, Nank and Soldo will be retained.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Graham is a fantastic kid, but he does have shoulder issues.
Not sure both SA clubs would be as keen now, compared to his performance in the 17 GF.

That is why I reckon he stays with us. They aren’t likely to throw big bucks at him, and he is valuable to us. We’d match a realistic offer. Unless he wants to go, but don’t think that would be the case.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
IMO Nank/Soldo/CCJ should all be kept, as we saw last yr we can never have too much depth on the list. Plating 2 rucks we can always rotate them if 1 has a niggle & lkeep them all fresh for September. I'd imagine Graham would stay, he's not a big $ player & is a future Captain after Vlastuin methinks

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
no disrespect to any of those blokes, but I reckon Balmey will be really looking forward to watching the footy and eating pies in season 2020