Overseas fans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Overseas fans

Flea, you win.
But, it's a hollow victory. Over 30 again in melb. Too hot for frisbee with Elvis. Not that he can catch at the moment as he has a funny plastic collar thing on

struggletown3121 said:
Never tried the 'snus' although I got roped into eating herring,and wearing some ridiculous crown made of vines and other crap for their midsommer festival.
Then had to participate in a ridiculous dance around a stake in the ground with what looked like two tyres hanging off it. :-[
I loved the Swedish Danish and Norge girls,wonderful aren't they :angel:

Struggletown3121
Actually, sent your 'description' of their midsummer-festival to one of the Swedish sheilas I know...they had a good laugh, but still reckon we're the "weirdos"! ;D

NewYorkTiger,
What did you think of the Finnish people?
They're pretty quiet and reserved up there...and did you see the 'northern lights'?

Michael, yeah I am a very jealous man right now!
Not sure how far Elvis is along with his training, but I read a book by Peter Bloeme called "How to Raise and Train Frisbee Dogs". Its been awesome for Buffy! Followed almost everything in it from when she was 5 weeks old. It works for the Auskick footy she loves too!
Get out in the sun all of you and take in some warmth for me!

Flea74 said:
Not sure how far Elvis is along with his training, but I read a book by Peter Bloeme called "How to Raise and Train Frisbee Dogs". Its been awesome for Buffy! Followed almost everything in it from when she was 5 weeks old. It works for the Auskick footy she loves too!

Flea74,
Do you follow the ice-hockey much there?
Canadiens fan yet? or?

Flea74 said:

Liverpool. Elvis had a heap of grass seeds in his ear. Vet operated and removed them, now he wears this elizabethan collar and clunks around the house. I will look for the book, Im guessing its american.

Flea74 said:
struggletown3121 said:
BTW Ottowa is the coldest capital city in the world,with a winter average of about -46 deg.....sounds wonderful doesn't it?

Hang on boys. The expert is here to save the day. The sun has fried some of your brains down there! 8)

You lucky buggars. While alot of you have a great degree of knowledge about footy, you should leave the "cold weather" opinions to us who permanently live in this white world.

-46 deg C average in Ottawa. No mate. The lowest recorded temp EVER in Ottawa was -35 C. The average LOW for Ottawa in January is a relatively balmy -14 C.

I have backpacked through the south of Sweden, Finland and the west of Russia during January. Cold?... yes.

I also spent a "vacation" in Anchorage in a December. 2 weeks of "cold".

Before I go further. Let me say this. For wind-chill to be taken into account for a negative temperature, usually a 60 kilometre an hour wind will take off a further 20 degrees C. to the recorded temperature and this doesn`t count on recorded levels. Most of the time when we have wind it consitutes about a drop in a further 10 degrees C. A 60 kilometre an hour wind is very strong and not common, although is does happen.

I remember one of the girls who shared our house argueing with another from Winnipeg over what city was colder during winter,and she came out with the -46,and she either took the wind chill factor in or wasn't talking about degrees but farenheit...or just spinning a yarn to win an arguement.
However,I'll bow to your superior research.
Enjoy the blizzards!

Michael. Go to my web-site www.gonoodaustralia.com and click on the frisbee section. i will bang a link to K9sports which is one place you can get the book. Or go to amazon.com
Liverpool. Hockey... hmmmm.
Wish i loved it.... But I dont.
1. At the moment there is a lock out going on because the players want more money and the owners dont think they deserve anymore. So the players are on strike indefinatley. So no season and its driving the locals nuts! >:D
2. The team that used to be in Quebec was the "Nordiques". then in about '95 they got sold and moved to Colarado in the US. Before then there was a huge rivalry between the Canadiens and the Nordiques. Like the Tiges and the Pies. Since then most Quebec people refused to support the Canadiens (I know i wouldnt go to the Pies if the unthinkable happened! :() and decided to support Quebec born players in the league. Vincent Lecavalier of the Tampa Bay Lightning is one. So no, if I supported the Canadiens, the boys at work wouldn't be happy! ;D
3. The local league is messed up. Its worse than the Diamond valley footy league in terms of actual sport and it has a reputation of less hockey, more fights. Each team actually has one player who is payed, JUST to fight! The local chump is named "Dube", and he has Hell's Angels connections. But has trouble staying up on the ice and I actually find it funny to watch him fight the other teams tough guys! Haymakers that dont connect can only mean one thing when you are standing on ice! :spin This season the local hockey has got better as a few players who are signed to NHL clubs have joined the league to keep playing while the lockout is going on.
Buggar me I miss footy!
Struggs. I trully believe the females of our species exagerate more than us blokes! Especially when they have arguments with other girls! Love 'em for it though!

Flea74 said:
Michael. Go to my web-site www.gonoodaustralia.com and click on the frisbee section. i will bang a link to K9sports which is one place you can get the book. Or go to amazon.com

Great site, couldnt find the link to K9. Its amazing what you can after a few drinks. Do you ship to Australia?

Michael, havent been able to get the link on yet. Having server issues. I blame the COLD! Yeah, half my stock is here with me in Quebec and the other half is at my dads house in Horsham. Cheap shipping for those back home who want something Nood and Australian! :idea Email me if ya have any questions and thanks for the interest! Appreciate it alot.

Scouser,

The Finns are like all Scandinavians - give 'em a beer and they cheer up pretty easily.. Maybe a little more defensive because of their history??? I was more friendly with them because I worked for a Finnish company in London...

I think I did see the Northern lights the first night I was Staying nth of Rovaniemi - however I was staying in a very remote cabin and thought at the time that it was just the lights from a nearby town. When I read my travel guide I realised what I had seen, but it was too late - the weather was not the best the following nights...

Bummer :doh

Sorry Michael, been away... gonoodaustralia.com is back and running. Couldnt get the link for the Dog Discs happening though... Sorry. :'(

newyorktiger said:
Scouser,

The Finns are like all Scandinavians - give 'em a beer and they cheer up pretty easily.. Maybe a little more defensive because of their history??? I was more friendly with them because I worked for a Finnish company in London...

I think I did see the Northern lights the first night I was Staying nth of Rovaniemi - however I was staying in a very remote cabin and thought at the time that it was just the lights from a nearby town. When I read my travel guide I realised what I had seen, but it was too late - the weather was not the best the following nights...

Bummer :doh