Perth Finals Quarantine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Perth Finals Quarantine

If you think about it, sending ~60-70 people to the airport, flying interstate, staying in a hotel, and flying back is far riskier than two players going to a nightclub.

The level of risk + punishments already handed are greatly disproportionate to satisfying the traditional reward for a team finishing 1st/2nd over 3rd/4thin the form of a home state final.

It’s stupid.

Then again, when you get the AFL and state governments playing politics with each other you’re always going to end up with stupid.

I know Victoria’s restrictions can’t be compared directly to other states‘, but it’s funny to me how West Coast and Port are more entitled to a home state final than I’m entitled to drive 6km to pickup some sushi.
Yes it's a joke. Absurd, along with blatant political alteration to ensure an unfair HG advantage to WCE. But maybe Gill and the AFL just can't spot it.
Unless it's the compensation for no possible GF at Optus.

Nah port will beat them zipppa
The pies are not playing well enough to beat a team like Port who are actually playing consistently well.

Don't forget penddle's is breaking 54 Collingwood records on Mondey night.
More games as captain then Shaw.
More games then Buckley.
More years without a flag
Etc

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
SA is just fly in and out on the day.. so if we get port over there in the first week it’s just a hit and run mission.
Yes, you are right Platinum. Given that the bulk of finals will be in Qld or SA, it makes sense when you think about it. Just the first WA final that threw me a curve ball!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes it's a joke. Absurd, along with blatant political alteration to ensure an unfair HG advantage to WCE. But maybe Gill and the AFL just can't spot it.
Unless it's the compensation for no possible GF at Optus.
Possibly.
Who really knows.

Not sure how I feel about this.

If it means Pies fly to Adelaide and get smashed, with Eddie's head exploding into a cheap cask merlot, then I don't mind it at all. But if it means we have to fly to hicksville SA and play the Power in feralaide, then I think it's a bloody joke of a thing the AFL should stop right now.

• Haha
Yeah but imagine beating them on their own dunghill in front of all those feral nuftees.

• Love
As far as i can tell WEagles players will need to quarantine at home, only leaving to train. the visiting team with quarantine at a resort, where i assume they will have use of facilities such as the pool, and will have a lot more outdoor space the the WEagles will have.
Of course teams would rather not travel, but I dont think the different quarantine situations are an issue.

I agree.

I have a strong feeling we play Port in our first final. Assuming of course we beat Adelaide.
If we beat Adelaide that gives us 50 points. Cats won’t be able to catch us. Port would have to lose to the Pies. The likely match up is us playing Brisbane at the Gabba, and Port hosting Geelong.

What is the point of 7 days quarantine?

Do they do it in a hyperbaric chamber?

Caro reporting on Footy Classified that the Eagles will quarantine in their homes for a week when they return to Perth for their Elimination final (probably against Collingwood).
Because WA is insisting on a week long period before the game, this means that the Eagles stay at their homes, with all the freedoms that involves, while their opponents will be under stricter restrictions in a hotel for this week.

Eddie seemed stunned and thought both teams would be in hotel quarantine.
Presumably he will be fuming at the unbalanced conditions facing the different teams.

In our case we may face Port at home in Adelaide but if the conditions remain the same the visiting team will simply fly in and out for the game, the same as a normal season.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Perth since Eddie would be the only club leader able to confront the AFL over this bias.
I certainly wouldn't want our team facing a week in a Perth hotel, particularly if their treatment was similar to what some of the visiting sporting teams have faced over the years internationally.

I reckon the Tin Arse Skunks are every chance to beat the Eagles over there anyway.

Its what they do .........just to pisss me off