Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

bullus_hit said:
Running Birchall type but not as polished at kicking. Could be a third tall type I guess, probably one to consider at 25 if we feel Balta's attitude won't cut the mustard.
Sounds more like Cale Morton.

BrisTiger24 said:
If West Coast go Stephenson, it opens Allen back up which would be good

Thats why im really not too fussed if west coast take Stephenson, The choice no longer becomes ours to make and you cant worry about a player you never had the chance to recruit. But it does open up Oscar Allen to our pick #17

A combination of #17 - Allen & #20 Brander is a very very good result i would still like us to get Balta and load up on talls but that wont then happen and we would be looking at a Midfielder which may then bring Bailey (if still available or maybe even Worpel into play

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Is Allen purely a third tall or can he develop into a Pav/Bont/Mundy midfield type?

I dont see him as a purely 3rd tall but more a player that can actually play as a KPF even though he is listed at 191cm (some playes mention him as 193cm) Also will have some ability to play midfield as well in the future and some might laugh at the comparison but would probably play a similar role to Charlie Curnow playing for carlton.

I like him and would be extremely happy to have him at #17 with Brander at #20 we would have fixed a few list holes

If we take Brander and another tall plus Naish, would we consider a midfielder for our other pick and then take Jake Spencer as a Rookie for the added Ruck Depth?

My mail has been fairly consistent with whats been reported in a few sites, Naish is most likely to go after our picks and itll be pick 27 where it happens. The only smokey is Geelong picking him, but the club is confident he'll go after the picks. Absolutely a master stroke in recruiting if it works out that way.

turk-d-tiger said:
Thats why im really not too fussed if west coast take Stephenson, The choice no longer becomes ours to make and you cant worry about a player you never had the chance to recruit. But it does open up Oscar Allen to our pick #17

A combination of #17 - Allen & #20 Brander is a very very good result i would still like us to get Balta and load up on talls but that wont then happen and we would be looking at a Midfielder which may then bring Bailey (if still available or maybe even Worpel into play

That was precisly my Dear Santa list Turks. Allen + Brander + Bailey/Worpel + Naish would be outstanding

D85 said:
My mail has been fairly consistent with whats been reported in a few sites, Naish is most likely to go after our picks and itll be pick 27 where it happens. The only smokey is Geelong picking him, but the club is confident he'll go after the picks. Absolutely a master stroke in recruiting if it works out that way.

Along with our pick swap we have a gentlemans agreement with Geelong not to bid on Naish

Any chance Naughton gets to us - he's the one for leysy.

Obviously Stephenson if fit and Brander no qualms with.

Actually don't mind Ballard - could have a very big ceiling once he gets used to his extra height.

The one leysy is really keen on though is Jack Petrucelle - love to get him with one of our picks.

Can see him being a gun half back.

No idea about these kids but had a quick look at the talls in draft machine. Balta's spring and speed appeal to me.

Looks like Roos or Pies pick up Fogarty. Bugger! Lot of Jack about his play.

We'll find out soon enough.

Only slightly - His good things outweigh it and it is far more fluent than say Garthwaite.

Can see him being an intercept king but that can also run.

But most importantly he reads the flight of the ball quicker than anyone else - you cannot teach that and it is HUGE.

Leysy Days said:
Only slightly - His good things outweigh it and it is far more fluent than say Garthwaite.

Can see him being an intercept king but that can also run.

But most importantly he reads the flight of the ball quicker than anyone else - you cannot teach that and it is HUGE.
Thoughts on Sam Taylor? Also rated for reading the ball, but looks much more composed and clean with his ball use.

Late mail says we get Murphy. Nice type, good kick and mark. Bit of Fyfe in him and a bit of Flossy.

It appears most phantom drafts do not have Balta going before 25 and us taking Hayes at 25.

Does anyone know why we would go Hayes before Balta when the game is changing so quickly against unathletic talls?

SkillzThatKillz said:
Along with our pick swap we have a gentlemans agreement with Geelong not to bid on Naish
Ohhhh so we have them a pick to NOT bid on him at all??

Ok, missed that one. I’m sure that counts as draft tampering but .... anyway!

Giardiasis said:
Thoughts on Sam Taylor? Also rated for reading the ball, but looks much more composed and clean with his ball use.

Don't think he has the ability to win it back to the level of Naughton. Nor the rebound ability or vision.

Wouldn't be disappointed to get him though, but ILO there is a gap between them.

Leysy Days said:
Don't think he has the ability to win it back to the level of Naughton. Nor the rebound ability or vision.

Wouldn't be disappointed to get him though, but ILO there is a gap between them.
Yeah for sure, Naughton is rated top 10 for a reason I guess. I haven't really seen much of either, I just hate seeing unclean players in the 2 minute videos I see.