Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
craig said:
Bonar, Brander, Balta, Naish and Krueger how would that be as a haul??

Plus young Smith in the Rookie Draft.

Yes i know im dreaming.

Reckon we have a fair shot at getting at least three of them, plus Smith, who is someone I thought looked really promising for us last season. Exciting couple of hours ahead! ;D

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
Fox Footy phantom draft has us taking O’Brien .... is he a good pick up?

PICK 17: RICHMOND — LOCHIE O’BRIEN

Clubs: Bendigo/Vic Country

Position: Midfield

Size: 184cm, 75kg

Bio: O’Brien is a penetrating left-foot kick, who has good balance stepping out of stoppages on his preferred side. He’s got a great fitness base, which is arguably his biggest asset. But he’s also composed with the ball. That enables him to find targets off long overlapping runs. He’s been plagued by a knee injury throughout the year, but he performed well across three games with Vic Country. The question mark is whether he can go inside and win his own footy, but he’s shown he’s more than capable of getting it on the outside. He averaged 24 disposals per game with Bendigo in the TAC Cup through the year, but missed a lot of footy.

Why: There was once a thought Jaidyn Stephenson might slip to the Tigers with this pick, but all of the late mail suggests he will be taken much earlier. Collingwood, West Coast and Sydney will all pounce before Richmond. It’s therefore best available for the Tigers and O’Brien would be just that.

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
Knightmare has us taking Allen @ 17, Brander @ 20, Hayes @ 25 and Naish @ 27. I could live with that one of the 3 talls turns out to be a gun?

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
tigerlee said:
Fox Footy phantom draft has us taking O’Brien .... is he a good pick up?

PICK 17: RICHMOND — LOCHIE O’BRIEN

Clubs: Bendigo/Vic Country

Position: Midfield

Size: 184cm, 75kg

Bio: O’Brien is a penetrating left-foot kick, who has good balance stepping out of stoppages on his preferred side. He’s got a great fitness base, which is arguably his biggest asset. But he’s also composed with the ball. That enables him to find targets off long overlapping runs. He’s been plagued by a knee injury throughout the year, but he performed well across three games with Vic Country. The question mark is whether he can go inside and win his own footy, but he’s shown he’s more than capable of getting it on the outside. He averaged 24 disposals per game with Bendigo in the TAC Cup through the year, but missed a lot of footy.

Why: There was once a thought Jaidyn Stephenson might slip to the Tigers with this pick, but all of the late mail suggests he will be taken much earlier. Collingwood, West Coast and Sydney will all pounce before Richmond. It’s therefore best available for the Tigers and O’Brien would be just that.

I will be amazed if Lochie is available at 17.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
mtench said:
Knightmare has us taking Allen @ 17, Brander @ 20, Hayes @ 25 and Naish @ 27. I could live with that one of the 3 talls turns out to be a gun?
Allen alone would be a steal.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Not much inside work in his highlights but he is a beautiful natural kick.