Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Don't know what game you were watching last week, Shai was amongst our best and probably would have been even better if they gave him more midfield time in the 1st half.

FP D K H M T MG SA TOG
Shai Bolton9022121044475279

That comment was in reference to the Swans game.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
He’s a bloody beauty. Thought his first half tonight was just average; was kicking like he was wearing slippers. But he burnt the turf in the second half; he was sensational.

Reactions: 1 user

backpocketplumber

Tiger Rookie
May 19, 2014
Ralph Malph must be licking his lips.....his small stable of Tiger stars! Another couple of years at bigger dollars whilst we are well in the window for mine. No need to go long term yet. Now for a bit of the magic from Dustin and Shai to rub off onto two phones Chol! As a West Aussie I’m as proud as, of all the mob whom represent us..... but Shai is a class above.

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
What a pick. Pick 29 2016, our first pick of 3. McGrath No. 1, a handy workhorse at best, Taranto McCluggage 2 and 3 are Shai's only challengers but we know who is the best player. Shai is a matchwinner. Outstanding drafting.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
IMHO he’s getting better in each facet of his game , interesting that he started on the bench, not that matters greatly nowadays, however again provides great spark

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Well he's no Bradley Hill.
Who would u take today?
Only a stupid, desperate and unsuccessful club would recruit and then pay Hill 900k a year is just unbelievable.
Bulter could perform the same on 700k less.
*smile* them

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Shai is a very unique player. He's a clearance king with silky outside skills. He has so much improvement in him, its a joke. With more belief he could be a Dusty clone.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Need his signature now.
Don't rush.
He would be worth 2 first rounders and a player
2 time premiership player and only 22.
He has more upside then Fat ass Kelly.
And West coast sold the farm for him.
No way would i lose Bolton, but if he wanted out.
I would want freo's 2 first rounders and Cerra

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Another great game from Shai.

Thought the worse when he slipped in the middle of the ground going for the mark.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Thankyou Hawks and Vickery

What is even funnier is Collingwood swear they were going to pick Shai with their pick immediately after ours:)

In the 2016 draft :
Pick 29 Shai Bolton:cupgold:cupgold
Pick 30 Collingwood: Sam McLarty, (zero games)

Pick 50 Collingwood: Richmond indigenous small forward VFL player Kayle Kirby, (1 game).
Pick 53 Jack Graham:cupgold:cupgold

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
What is even funnier is Collingwood swear they were going to pick Shai with their pick immediately after ours:)

In the 2016 draft :
Pick 29 Shai Bolton:cupgold:cupgold
Pick 30 Collingwood: Sam McLarty, (zero games)

Pick 50 Collingwood: Richmond indigenous small forward VFL player Kayle Kirby, (1 game).
Pick 53 Jack Graham:cupgold:cupgold

haha Shai and Fridge have more premierships than the Pies got games out of those 2

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Ralph Carr should be on our recruting team. Seems pretty good at spotting elite talent.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Great game, a real team player now.
This is what I see as the biggest change. He has now bought in totally to the team ethos whereas in earlier days he was playing more individually.

Best example last night was the last goal that he gave off to Aarts. He was well within his rights to have a shot and would very likely have kicked the goal.

He is a human highlight reel but I just love that play in the 2019 grand final when he palmed the ball down to a running Pickett knowing he was going to take a big hit by opening his body up. No stat for that but total team footy.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users