Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I suspect dominating trade talk is the fastest way to raise any player's public profile.

Shai will be a household name by the time he inks a new deal with us around August.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Merkin will re-sign him on good coin for a length of period that will bring him to the Free Agency window, and then sign a deal that should set Shai up for life.

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Easy solution to match any offer around the 700K mark:

Trade Caddy and add his salary onto Shai's. Easy peasy.
My thoughts too, I would max our offer at 750-800 a year , not sure it’s healthy list strategy to pay a small mid forward near 1mn albeit I rate him very highly . Shai will still be a very wealthy young man and if he invests wisely won’t have a money worry again

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Merkin will re-sign him on good coin for a length of period that will bring him to the Free Agency window, and then sign a deal that should set Shai up for life.
Yea I think 3 max ,you don’t sign 7y deals at 22 , especially if you’re on the rise as an A grade talent

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If shai is to leave i want 2 x 1st round draft picks and 1 needs to be top 10
I mentioned in a previous post that if ever he was to leave for freo then this year atleast its a strong draft.

2021 & 2022 1st rounders from freo and we can give back our 2nd rounder
Yep Agreed Turkish he is busting out .................. but he aint going anywhere I don't think.

The club would have made Ralph and Shai aware of the the way the future with impending retirements and an impending rise back to the cap.

I'd be demanding 2 top 10 picks we lost Bobble for unders and Shai is a Dual Premiership Player as well as becoming one of the hottest properties in the game.

I still think he's staying, there is no point him going home yet.

He loves it at the RFC he loves the boys he loves Dusty and JR8 and Cotch.

Ride the wave at Tigerland where he will be on good cash anyway, then go home later if the feeling strikes.

Then we rip the guts out of whoever wants him if he really wants to go home.

He could play his career out as one of the highest paid Tigers should he continue his trajectory.

Gonna be plenty of retirements ahead after the 21,22 and 23 seasons, to allow for some Quaan in his peak years.

Last edited:

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
In Ralph we trust

Under that glorious merkin is a somewhat competent brain that knows Shai and Richmond are a perfect fit.

He's not that dissimilar to Dusty. Quiet kid (the useless Ch 7 commentators would say he is Shai) who doesn't want to be the face of a a Perth club on massive coin under huge scrutiny in a 2 team town.

He can enjoy his footy with his mates in an awesome environment, win flags and come second in Norm Smiths with us. No media, no external expectations, just go out there each week, sit on blokes heads and try and win a car.

Ralph will set him up on and off field and we will help him.

He's set for life at Punt rd.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I don't reckon Shai leaves for money. He will be well remunerated at Richmond but maybe not quite as much as others, but after tax the difference would not be huge.

If he leaves it will be for personal reasons IMO. Hopefully we can convince him to stay. I love watching this boy play.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I don't reckon Shai leaves for money. He will be well remunerated at Richmond but maybe not quite as much as others, but after tax the difference would not be huge.

If he leaves it will be for personal reasons IMO. Hopefully we can convince him to stay. I love watching this boy play.
His kicking style is effortless.. Laconic. That long point he kicked was an afterthought but went the 50 metres easy.