Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Little blokes taking big hangs on big blokes always looks better. And last nites was so clean, almost made it look easy.

Bolton is so unique, not sure anyone else has a skill set like him. Win clearances, untouchable in traffic, sits on heads, weapon out of the goal square. Critical piece of the puzzle.

Bums on seat footballer. Incredible to think what he is in three years. Top 10 player in the game in 2024 is possible.
Michael Walters from Freo is about the closet I can think of. He is a bit more outside though.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
his gonna cost us $3m for 4 years

and be a bargain

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Just watched the replay. BT’s call does it zero justice.

I had a funny thing happen.

I was watching at home with some non-footy visitors.

and Danny had the ball and I yelled out

'just kick it to $hai so he can take mark of the year!'

and he passes to graham and I yelled

'for *smile* sake, kick it to $hai so he can take mark of the year'

then $hai takes mark of the year, and I went

'I wish they'de *smile* listen more often!'

visitors totally perplexed

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
This past few weeks has highlighted how critical his signature will be beyond this season.

Will be a Marquee player before too long if he stays on this trajectory.

Reactions: 1 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Yea I think 3 max ,you don’t sign 7y deals at 22 , especially if you’re on the rise as an A grade talent

Yep I actually think Petracca's deal is a poor one for him personally, his management are not advising him well if they advised him to take that deal.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yep I actually think Petracca's deal is a poor one for him personally, his management are not advising him well if they advised him to take that deal.
He's guaranteed $6 million or more, getting paid til he's 33. I'd call that a good deal.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
It was a bit of a funny mark because it was over very quickly. Had everything except Blicavs collapsed so quickly leaving $hai to the laws of gravity. He didn't get that half second extra time on the pack.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
It was a bit of a funny mark because it was over very quickly. Had everything except Blicavs collapsed so quickly leaving $hai to the laws of gravity. He didn't get that half second extra time on the pack.
The Sampi and Farmer marks were similar, up high but straight back down.