Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Dustin's was a great goal but on his natural side. Bolton's on his opposite foot. Reminds me of a couple of Bartlett specials on the same side on his left. Outside of the high marking, Bolton has a lot of Bartlett about him.
Love Shai's goal, but Dusty's has the added bonus of making Stagerfield look like a chump which is +1000 points. And you end up not only winning the internet, but you also win life.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
What's better than watching Shai's goal once? watching it five times with different commentary and superlatives given:love:

Great post, Julius! Hail! :))

Too bad KB is off the radio.
Would have been awesome to hear an old 29 describe the Goal of the Year by the new 29.

Strangely I think only 1 went with Goal of the Year superlative.
Duke no doubt very conflicted by his own biases.
Don't know who the other dudes were.

Reactions: 1 user
love the special efforts that captivate the footy world with Shai... LOVE EVEN MORE the non stat efforts, the spoils, the gut running that has come into his game more consistently. This is what will elevate him from excellent to elite.

Reactions: 1 user
10 Coaches votes says otherwise..

Coaches could give him 20 votes n I'd still carry the same gripe. Shai's a bloody brilliant player n he's more than capable of tearing huge holes in games. But for mine he's still got a snifter of do it all himself at times n forgets he's got team mates to help out.

It's only a minor gripe, but it's still an area he can improve on.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
What's better than watching Shai's goal once? watching it five times with different commentary and superlatives given:love:

360 ran this lastnight, but showed what I imagine are the non broadcast camera angles and when you watch them and hear Eddie Betts explain the degree of difficulty ..... makes it all the more magnificent!

Hope someone on here can somehow upload that section of the show. I'm not smart enough!

Reactions: 1 users
clearly Bolton had his worst game of the season , however I saw a positive out of it, I saw Shai keep trying , kept trying to create , ffs even Dusty had nights it just dosent happen , poor game, great endeavour

Reactions: 6 users
Yep we had several players way off their best tonight. But that's been the tale of our year so far. Need to find some consistency fast or 2022 will be gone.

He worked into it, didn't he? I thought he was ok. A couple of glamour things and some yakka.

He wasn't much worse than last week. Will he still get the 10 votes? *smile* LOL.

10 clearances? On a average day. Blimey. Keep yer pay son.

Reactions: 2 users