Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
could've had 6 .. made up for the average stuff with plenty of good ..
Yeh, he has kicked 14 goals 18 in the last 7 games! Missed at least 7-8 "easy" chances. He's the best player in the game*

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Yeh, he has kicked 14 goals 18 in the last 7 games! Missed at least 7-8 "easy" chances. He's the best player in the game*
32 scoring shots in 7 games is incredible - plus assists !

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Call him MC Hammer, because you can't bloody touch him. He's like an electric eel crossed with gumby.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
It’s going to click one day and he will terrify the competition.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Richmond's best player now with the Tiger King aunavailable and below his best for numerous reasons.

Even the Tiger King said he was amazing and the most talented kid he's ever seen also the athleticism of an alley cat.

Wait till he gets consistency.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
From almost the beginning of his first year with us 2018, I have been one of Shai’s most enthusiastic supporters.
Over that year I saw him at VFL level along with his fellow rookie Noah Balta, both performing at a remarkable level.
And what has followed as he matured into a permanent fixture in our AFL side has not disappointed. He is now truely one of our best.

Today however I heard that through his manager Ralph Carr, he has told the club he wants $4,900,000 over 5 years, or else he is going home to WA.

I don’t know how the market values Shai and whether he would earn that much if he leaves. From what we all know it seems that Fremantle at least would struggle to find that sort of money under the cap, though West Coast possibly not.

Players work hard and generally have a short time at the top. They put themselves at risk of injury every day and we are just beginning to understand how severe the consequences can be when things go wrong.
As I see it they are entitled to earn to the maximum of their potential while they can.

Is $1,000,000 pa to much?
I had thought he would get around $800,000 per year up from around $500 to 700,000, over the last two.
Baker has just re-signed for two years at $600,000 according to the Herald Sun. Baker who came in as a rookie in the 2017 draft also has been the more consistent performer over the last 3 years, and while imo Shai is the better player, I can’t see that a $400,000 differential is reasonable.

So Ralph … Shai, go for it but when the time comes where you can literally put the club to the fire, particularly given the pre season draft, … well I hope you can advise that Richmond has provided an excellent home for your friends as players, and that $800,000 over 3 is enough.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Has to be a monty for an All Australian blazer this year

Reactions: 2 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
From almost the beginning of his first year with us 2018, I have been one of Shai’s most enthusiastic supporters.
Over that year I saw him at VFL level along with his fellow rookie Noah Balta, both performing at a remarkable level.
And what has followed as he matured into a permanent fixture in our AFL side has not disappointed. He is now truely one of our best.

Today however I heard that through his manager Ralph Carr, he has told the club he wants $4,900,000 over 5 years, or else he is going home to WA.

I don’t know how the market values Shai and whether he would earn that much if he leaves. From what we all know it seems that Fremantle at least would struggle to find that sort of money under the cap, though West Coast possibly not.

Players work hard and generally have a short time at the top. They put themselves at risk of injury every day and we are just beginning to understand how severe the consequences can be when things go wrong.
As I see it they are entitled to earn to the maximum of their potential while they can.

I had thought he would get around $800,000 per year up from around $500 to 700,000, over the last two.
Baker has just re-signed for two years at $600,000 according to the Herald Sun. Baker who came in as a rookie in the 2017 draft also has been the more consistent performer over the last 3 years, and while imo Shai is the better player, I can’t see that a $400,000 differential is reasonable.

So Ralph … Shai, go for it but when the time comes where you can literally put the club to the fire, particularly given the pre season draft, … well I hope you can advise that Richmond has provided an excellent home for your friends as players, and that $800,000 over 3 is enough.
Shai left Ralph as did Dan Rioli

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

mm ok, if you're one of his biggest supporter you would know he was drafted in the 2016 draft & played in our losing 2017 VFL grand final.

But yeah , you are consistent as the rest of your post is also *smile*

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
One day he’ll kick 5.2 instead of 2.5.

Unbelievable game that scarily enough could have been a lot better.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
35 goals 34 behinds his kicked this year or something to that effect ........................................