Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

This description sounds like MJR. Yet most congratulate MJR for trying things and taking the game on.

I for one love him taking a ping at the goals (he is pretty good on the move, not so good from set shots). It drives me nuts how most of our players refuse to take the shot in the same situation and continually handball off like it’s a hot potato.

Not sure why some players get tagged as “selfish” while others get tagged as “creative”.
Agreed

Shai is probably the best small forward in the game and an adequate change mid.

I can understand the TBR school questioning his values. I’m of the view that he’s too fast twitch to change that much but nobody says he can’t improve.

Shai is a pretty stable stock at this stage and that is very good. Now is the time for minor incremental improvement. It’s Shai’s path to greater success.

We’re looking for minor improvements.

Reactions: 1 user
Bolts better check internally (family and friends) on those stolen medals because it usually happens like this. Who you know and who knows you.

In 2017-2020 Hardwick was a players coach and lauded. Seems if you don't win a flag being a players coach is not ideal. Not standard setting. Soft.

Players, coaching, conditioning staff all letting the club down.

And it's only round 4. Sheesh.

Reactions: 1 users
If it’s good enough for Cumbers to be dropped to the ressies to learn the defensive aspects of the game - why not this loafer?

Reactions: 4 users
Over rated ...a few increduble highlight moments every so often but he is miles away from elite ......show pony but in reality miles off the class of pertaca ..daicos , bont etc....right now..this year he aint any better than tambling was

Reactions: 1 users
That kicking in danger followed by a tantrum was the lowest of standards you will see in the AFL.

If that's the standard we accept then stand by for another 37 years of *smile*.

Reactions: 5 users
The 'standards' are set by the coaching team. For too long we have been undisciplined and sloppy by kicking.
I'm over it.

The blowtorch needs to be well and truly applied to this bloke; he should be under immense heat. He has pretences of being one of the very best players in the game but he is a million miles from that. He appears arrogant and obnoxious. He is certainly undisciplined. He can do the freakish but can't perform the basics. His kicking is amongst the worst in the team. Does he ever hit a target? Can't rely on him to kick a goal when we really need it.

I'm not sure if he is massively underperforming or highly overrated. Whatever the case what he has dished up this season is not cutting it. Not even bloody close.

Reactions: 6 users