Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

Yeh, 2 goals 4, 20 odd possessions, No.1 for score involvements on the ground. Tough crowd.
Coulda, shoulda, woulda game from Shai today. Makes the game look so easy n the oppo look inept so often, he should be a superstar. 4 goals 2 would have been a tad more relevant. If as the media has indicated Shai's going to be on the $mill a season from next year then there's no surprise it's a tough crowd judging harshly.
Mind you though, he had a fairly large bunch of mates should be judged fairly harshly on not just today's performance against Wet Coke, but the previous game against them as well. They've been crippled by injury and laughably inept in almost every game they've played this year, yet we've played them twice n failed to put them away properly both times.

Reactions: 2 users
If he kicked straight for goal he'd be in the top 3 in the comp.
There is no one in the comp like him.

Could be the best player in the comp by this time next year I reckon, if not next year then 25.

He aint hit his peak yet.

Reactions: 1 user
There is no one in the comp like him.

Could be the best player in the comp by this time next year I reckon, if not next year then 25.

He aint hit his peak yet.
Agree, if he can correct a few things he is more than capable of fixing then he is certainly capable of being the number 1.

Our eyes don’t deceive us. Massive area of opportunity for shai. Note he pastes 2021 and 2022 data as well in reply to the first tweet. Lynch also misses sitters which we painfully know all too well (even though he didn’t miss it he left it too close).

No doubt why you drop McKay. And the value of fritsch, walker etc pretty clear. Weightman also one that caught my eye.

Walker doesn't surprise me at all, look at the way he kicks for goal, grabs the ball and deliberately guides it towards his foot.

DS

2 games been played since anyone has posted about arguably our best player .

Now I’m not sure if I’m patting or whacking Shai or Coaches , however Shai has become a much more complete player this season , he of course has his flaws like any player does, however he does stuff that very few others can , however just about every time we are getting slaughtered in the middle Shai is invisible, now thing is Shai plays very much the old Dusty role when they pay no attention at all to the opposition, just pure attack , nothing wrong with that , however Surley our coaching staff have to pick up on this earlier and get Shai out of the middle or have him think defensifly until we stop the bleeding . Catch 22 is Shai so often sparks us , he has become our best match winner .

Bottom line we need another couple of Shai‘s

The odd flashes of brilliance but 12 disposals & zero tackles isn't enough from our star midfielder.
Actually think he's looked a bit disengaged the past fortnight.
His time is now as others fade out & we need him to stand up.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
The odd flashes of brilliance but 12 disposals & zero tackles isn't enough from our star midfielder.
Actually think he's looked a bit disengaged the past fortnight.
His time is now as others fade out & we need him to stand up.

Not saying it is buuuut... Could Shai's drop-off be in line with others fading?

I’ve posted this before and I don’t think it’s all Boltons fault and it also probably shows how important to us in the clearances , however whenever we are getting smashed through the middle Shai has no influence , Taranto and Prestia are always tackling and competing , whoever is our midfield coach really needs to work with Shai over the summer to read the game and know when to ” lock it down “ change his mindset and defend rather then attack, basically stop the momentum

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve posted this before and I don’t think it’s all Boltons fault and it also probably shows how important to us in the clearances , however whenever we are getting smashed through the middle Shai has no influence , Taranto and Prestia are always tackling and competing , whoever is our midfield coach really needs to work with Shai over the summer to read the game and know when to ” lock it down “ change his mindset and defend rather then attack, basically stop the momentum
It would be great to see stats for team CB clearance win/loss for individuals, and maybe stats for score for and against from centre clearances again when individuals are in there.

In contention for AA? Averaging 22 disposals and 6 I50s, kicked 29 goals, 19 goal assists.

Compare that with Gryan Miers who the media have been pumping up to make the side (averaging 19 disposals and 4 I50s, kicked 6 goals, 39 goal assists).

Reactions: 3 users
In contention for AA? Averaging 22 disposals and 6 I50s, kicked 29 goals, 19 goal assists.

Compare that with Gryan Miers who the media have been pumping up to make the side (averaging 19 disposals and 4 I50s, kicked 6 goals, 39 goal assists).
You can guarantee they’ll pick Cryin.

• Sad
  • Haha