Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

When Shai is on and flicks the switch he is unparralled in what he can do.

He hypnotises the opposition even when surrounded, its amazing.

Reactions: 7 users
He does stuff that nobody else can do. That side step and evasiveness in heavy traffic and the cleaness under contested pressure. Amazing.

So good above his head for his size ….and even better below his knees. One touch player below his knees, and at speed to boot too.

Reactions: 5 users
it is hard to see on camera, but it looks like Bolton leg is swinging toward our goal and the ball goes sideways. Bolts is a genius, but that might be a bit much, even for him.
Just watched it on replay. He kicks the ball on outside of his boot as he saw the gap between 2 Swans players. Might have been a loose ball attempt for Mozza to pick up, but Graham looked in position ready to pounce. Good to see this ball moving our way when we need it to.

Its a long shot, but Id like to think that hack into space for the winner was deliberate. Brilliant second half.

Unbelievable game. He was the difference.

Some of those taps in the second half, where he takes a hit, and still got the ball to our advantage without registering a stat were immense.

He's playing very unselfish footy. GUN

Reactions: 4 users
He does some ridiculously unique and insanely good things that just makes me laugh. Why others can't see and appreciate it is beyond me.

Reactions: 2 users
As a critic we could ask why he goes missing for periods of games considering he’s a midfielder, however as a fan we got to love how he goes along way to winning us games in a quarter of scintillating footy .

Love his basic improvement this season , yes could probably run defensively a bit more , however that takes away from his attacking prowess and with Timmy T, The Hop and the Meatball 2 way runners , he and Dustin ad anew attacking combo.

He may never be an elite kick and will probably miss goals he should kick , however the package is a much much better product now , so crucial to our future , luckily we have him signed until he’ll have played 250 games

Another great game by shai
His last goal was sublime
Replay it

Was already into his kicking motion somehow before collecting ball

Only 2 or 3 in the comp can do what he just did

Another great game by shai
His last goal was sublime
Replay it

Was already into his kicking motion somehow before collecting ball

Only 2 or 3 in the comp can do what he just did
Yeh, the speed that he palmed the ball and transferred it to the opposite side and kicked the goal - wow. Star.

He got quite a bit of the football but had one of those “bad by foot” days that he can have.

Ex of D Rioli he had 21 other mates.

He kicks goals that shouldn’t be kicked and athletically is a different species to most other players.

If he could only kick more regulation set shot goals he could become a superstar.

I’m more confident of him kicking the goal when he has to dodge two players, spin and snap it whilst falling away on a 45 degree angle than when he’s 35 out straight in front.

Reactions: 6 users