Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

It was a killer. Mansell's miss was also *smile* stupid.

Not only was Mansells kick awful, it was dumb. Game clock was about 29 and half minutes, so we knew we'd be close to the end of the game, so settle, take your full 30 seconds and stick it through the posts. Why did he rush so much!!

Reactions: 3 users
Not only was Mansells kick awful, it was dumb. Game clock was about 29 and half minutes, so we knew we'd be close to the end of the game, so settle, take your full 30 seconds and stick it through the posts. Why did he rush so much!!
Exactly. Was he trying to emulate Dusty for a couple of seconds? It was unforgiveable. There is no need to rush - just make it a certainty. If you watch it back, he also started to walk out on a much tougher angle that where the free occurred. Luckily the ump at least pit him right.

His goal kicking and around the ground decision making was awful tonight. Enough round the corner kicks and for goodness sake, get a goal kicking routine with a release point not so close to the man on the mark.

With better disposal and goal finishing, he’d be the best player in the competition.

Reactions: 1 users
If Bolton can’t be what this group needs him to be - more reliable, low percentage, focused - then trade, trade, trade.

Pick the eyes out of the draft, we are dead set begging for picks now that our only young gun has gone down and may never fully get back.

• Dislike
Said it before too - Bolts is a poor ON-FIELD role model for younger players.

Reactions: 2 users
If Bolton can’t be what this group needs him to be - more reliable, low percentage, focused - then trade, trade, trade.

Pick the eyes out of the draft, we are dead set begging for picks now that our only young gun has gone down and may never fully get back.
If we start trading our best, we might else well shut shop.
He needs to be told. Get the around corner kicks out of your game.
Too many times he is deadset in front of goals and still turns to snap a goal.
He is in our top 5 most important players your not trading him away because we lost.

If we start trading our best, we might else well shut shop.
He needs to be told. Get the around corner kicks out of your game.
Too many times he is deadset in front of goals and still turns to snap a goal.
He is in our top 5 most important players your not trading him away because we lost.

How many times has he been told already?

No he thinks he’s glamour.

He IS glamour. But we don’t want glamour all the time. Doesn’t work like that.

Reactions: 1 user
He reminded me of the frustrating feelings I had when watching Butler play in his last season ie “hey, I’m super cool, I don’t have to do the hard things and if I muck something up, hey, no biggie, I’m cool”

Reactions: 3 users
17 clubs would love to have him.
Lets not pile shiyt on him and he gets up and leaves.
He isn't a issue.
Yze needs to curtail his game and simplify it.
He gets it, he just needs not to rush everything.

17 clubs would love to have him.
Lets not pile shiyt on him and he gets up and leaves.
He isn't a issue.
Yze needs to curtail his game and simplify it.
He gets it, he just needs not to rush everything.
He’s not exempt from criticism if it’s warranted. Just like all players

Because he is not a natural forward. We have had stand-in small forwards doing this crap since 2020.

Shai 's set shot for goal is the most unrelaible in our side now that Points Castagna has gone.
He has had this issue for 3-4 years.

Kid’s a jet. He’s such a point of difference player when he’s on. And he’s on pretty often for such a high risk/reward type.

But last night he was off.

Keep.

Everyone needs to chill out

Shai put himself in the position to win that game for us ,

Rarest of rare talents

Bolton is a 20 touch, goal and a half a game HFF/MID. They are *smile* rare birds. He averages two or three tackles.

He has been, since the dawn of time, about 40% around goal.

25yo. Very much a known quantity. He was diabolical against the Black Hole Suns.

Last night he had 18 and three tackles. One behind from three shots. He'd usually be 1.1 and one on the full.

Mistakes are overrated but Bolton's hurt us more than usual last night. That's why he's in the sin bin with fans. If he kicks one lousy *smile* goal we win.

Life is easier when we accept the rules of the cosmos. Bolton is about 40% around goal from anywhere. He let us down for two touches and one lousy *smile* goal. That really hurt.

BTW he is getting much more attention than usual and Yze seems to be working him more central and closer to goal. It's Round Phoney in a long season.

Reactions: 7 users