Pick 5-8 To Trade or Not to Trade? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 5-8 To Trade or Not to Trade?

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
Looking like we'll have a pick in the 5-8 range at this rate(if not better). With all the talk that we'll be after a gun mid from up north do we think we'll trade away our earliest pick we've had for a few years or will we use it on a elite junior from this years crop. Thoughts?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
mtench said:
Looking like we'll have a pick in the 5-8 range at this rate(if not better). With all the talk that we'll be after a gun mid from up north do we think we'll trade away our earliest pick we've had for a few years or will we use it on a elite junior from this years crop. Thoughts?

Bit early to go on this - I remember this topic came up early last year also

Pappy

Tiger Rookie
Mar 16, 2013
Considering that Trengove was even in the mix for our first pick last year, I fear who the list managers will target at the end of the year. Our first pick should only be given up for Shiel, Treloar or Hannebury. I wouldn't be surprised if we targeted another B grader to be honest.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
spook said:
If he'll still have us, yep. Pick 4 for Shiel, Vickery for Crozier, Hardwick for Bassett.

Danger and Leuenberger free agents and Henderson for our 2nd rounder or Conca

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Big list changes required at the end of the season.

Shiel, S. Selwood and one other at season's end…will mean aggressive trading.

Chimptastic

Tiger Superstar
Aug 22, 2014
Pappy said:
Our first pick should only be given up for Shiel, Treloar or Hannebury.

Hannebery is too old to be worth a top 5 pick.

You get 25+ year olds via Free Agency these days, not by trading away top 5 picks.