Nakia cockatoo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nakia cockatoo

nath8855

Tiger Cub
Oct 4, 2007
I like this kid. Does anyone think he'll last till our first pick. Seems to be a good draft

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
A lack of exposed form means he'll be around, just don't know if recruiters will jump on the back of one outstanding game playing for the Allies. I'd put him around the 15-40 mark, someone may take the punt early however, physically he looks like the real deal, his testing may have pushed him into first round calculations.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
pretty impressive as far!
esp his game on grand final day
looks like he can find the ball!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
TigerForce said:
Must be a relation to CCC at the Bummers in the 90s.
There were 2 Cockatoo brothers at North in the 80s, I wonder if Nakia is related?

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
tigertim said:
There were 2 Cockatoo brothers at North in the 80s, I wonder if Nakia is related?
If he lasts till our second I think we must grab him. Doubt he will tho but if he does....seriously seriously in calcs ( depending on others sliding).

Gus

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 18, 2005
keepa lids onit said:
If he lasts till our second I think we must grab him. Doubt he will tho but if he does....seriously seriously in calcs ( depending on others sliding).

He's firmed up as a top 20 pick. A little speculation that he will go closer to 15 with maybe one team prepared to take him earlier than that.

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
I'd take a punt with our 1st pick quick & can kick good leap perfect forward/mid that we need!

Then take Sam Blease in the rookie draft.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
His coach gave him a good wrap. Said how when he couldn't play because of injury Nakia was still there giving instructions, still went to training, ran water.

Herr_Tiger

Tiger Superstar
May 23, 2005
Peel
Looks a good kid, not sure if he is worth #31 let alone whether he'll last to there

If somehow he got to #49, absoflutely, but better odds of 2nd div lotto

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Trained with North earlier in the season, could go to them with a first rounder, I suspect if we are interested then it's pick 11/12 or nothing.

Gus

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 18, 2005
bullus_hit said:
Trained with North earlier in the season, could go to them with a first rounder, I suspect if we are interested then it's pick 11/12 or nothing.

I think that is correct

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Gus said:
He's firmed up as a top 20 pick. A little speculation that he will go closer to 15 with maybe one team prepared to take him earlier than that.
Is that one team us Gus...?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Anyone think he could be there at 23 if we trade for Trengove? Trengove and Cockatoo essentially for Pick 12 would seem like a great draft / trade period to me.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
blx said:
wasn't that the Krakouer brothhers?
Nah, there were 2 Cockatoo brothers in the under 19s and reserves in the 80. Robert and Ronald(?) but it turns out they are Nakias grandfather and grand uncle!

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
ToraToraTora said:
Anyone see his goal from the rep match a week or so ago? Geez he is quickkkkkkk.

Yes, he has some serious toe about him. If by chance he slipped to 23 & we held that pick I'd seriously consider, reckon he has more upside than both Garlett & Menadue.