Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
AFL app says that for average speed around the ground, Graham is the second fastest Tiger behind Kane Lambert.
He's not the fastest at burst speed, but across 4 quarters he's good.

Speed in attack he's second and in defence fourth for Tigers.

I'm guessing that indicates his endurance, but if there's any sports scientists out there, they can advise better.
Rioli, Edwards and Grimes had the fastest "top speed", but none of them are top 5 in average across 4 quarters.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I see Graham as a long term player for us. Had that amazing GF in 2017 and last season was badly injury affected with that shoulder. This year too. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet, he's a critical part of our defensive midfield and is improving his net possession and attacking contribution as well.

Like any young player he'll make his fair share of mistakes.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Seems to have to rush with his disposal alot. I hope he can find improvement in that area. Always seems 'hot'. Only had 5 contested possies and only 7 kicks so that's probably helped his disposal efficiency somewhat. His defensive side is elite and I love that part of his game, just needs to get a little bit cleaner disposal wise.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Seems to have to rush with his disposal alot. I hope he can find improvement in that area. Always seems 'hot'. Only had 5 contested possies and only 7 kicks so that's probably helped his disposal efficiency somewhat. His defensive side is elite and I love that part of his game, just needs to get a little bit cleaner disposal wise.
Good post. He always looks rushed even when he has time. Scrubbers too many kicks. He's warming the spot until Ross returns

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Good post. He always looks rushed even when he has time. Scrubbers too many kicks. He's warming the spot until Ross returns

No way - we need both Ross and Graham and will be a much better clearance team with both in the side.

Graham looks rushed because he is an inside player and always has an opponent close by.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008

Yep. Ross’ minimum average output is pretty close to Graham’s max.

Ross straight back in a straight swap.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Ab
No way - we need both Ross and Graham and will be a much better clearance team with both in the side.

Graham looks rushed because he is an inside player and always has an opponent close by.

Absolutely spot on

Houli for example is a joy to watch when he gets it on the outside but often looks rushed and flustered in close because it’s not his game
Graham spends most of his time right in the contest

Last edited:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Disagree. He had low contested possession count. He rushes because he seems to not sum up situations quickly enough. That's where his improvement needs to come if he's going to become a permanent midfielder.

The Don

Is Good
Dec 21, 2007
Sydney
I didn't see Jack's name in the stats from the VFL game today. Was he the carry over emergency, injured or disciplined?