Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Jack Graham is building quite the legacy. Might be the player of this era that represents the very core beliefs and values that Dimma tries to install in the entire playing group. It’s an extraordinary brave performance what he did on Friday, not to many like it over our history.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Can't see them selecting Marlion if simply for the amount of hoopla it will attract. Think for a moment how much pressure he'll be under and if he were to have a shocker, it might completely ruin his career before it's begun.
Reckon they'll take the safer option and go with Kmac.
I agree, while Ross has been real good this year, his last game against West coast was not up to standard. KMac will add strength, run, but where will he play.? Caddy and Ellis are on the wing and we should not change this, having said this, I think Ross should come in? I really don't know anymore.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jack Graham is building quite the legacy. Might be the player of this era that represents the very core beliefs and values that Dimma tries to install in the entire playing group. It’s an extraordinary brave performance what he did on Friday, not to many like it over our history.

We need to petition the AFL to have 23 medals handy so JackG can collect his. He deserves one more than Bob Murphy did.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We need to petition the AFL to have 23 medals handy so JackG can collect his. He deserves one more than Bob Murphy did.

Every player that plays a game for the Premiers in that season should get a medal, or at least every player that has taken the field in September.

Same goes for the Coaching Panel.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I agree, while Ross has been real good this year, his last game against West coast was not up to standard. KMac will add strength, run, but where will he play.? Caddy and Ellis are on the wing and we should not change this, having said this, I think Ross should come in? I really don't know anymore.

Ross's not up to scratch is still way better than what KMac can produce. Ross a lock to replace Graham. Lose a little bit on Graham in defensive capacity but Ross is better skilled and knows how to get the ball.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Right decision. They'll be taking no risks on injured players this year after the late 2018 debacle. Depth is too strong.
I really feel for Jack. He's been in superb form. Astounding that he topped our pressure acts last weekend despite his injury.
Our best defensive mid will be severely missed no matter who replaces him.

Reactions: 5 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Right decision. They'll be taking no risks on injured players this year after the late 2018 debacle. Depth is too strong.
I really feel for Jack. He's been in superb form. Astounding that he topped our pressure acts last weekend despite his injury.
Our best defensive mid will be severely missed no matter who replaces him.

Agreed Lambo needs a big game on Saturday to help cover the load

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
The more I think about it, the more I think it has to be Townsend.

Ross has struggled to run out games, and Pickett has only been in games for a quarter.

Kmac could come in and push Caddy into the midfield, but Caddy's been good on the wing.

Towner will give you 4 quarters. Towner will give you you tackles which hurt. He was a spear tackling machine on the weekend, and he kicked two goals. He knows the game plan, he's proven himself on the big day, and he's in form in the VFL. He was a bee's appendage from BOG.

He's also the best like for like for Graham. No disruption to the other positions in the side.

I can't see how it could be anyone else.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
No chance it's Towner. He's never played 4 quarters in an AFL match. He's a forward, we're replacing a mid.

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
No chance it's Towner. He's never played 4 quarters in an AFL match. He's a forward, we're replacing a mid.

He played mid on the weekend, tackling hard, then floating forward.

He actually played Graham's role.

I wouldn't be upset to see Ross there on Saturday. But I reckon Towner gives the least disruption to the side.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He played mid on the weekend, tackling hard, then floating forward.

He actually played Graham's role.

I wouldn't be upset to see Ross there on Saturday. But I reckon Towner gives the least disruption to the side.
He can play VFL mid, never seen him do it at AFL level.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I'm very worried about GW tagger. DBr to Dusty and perry an to Dion. If their impact is reduced who is going to win the ball. Ross in.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He played every game at GWS as a mid.

Then started with us as a mid. He was converted to a forward in 2017, and has played there since. Until Saturday.
Averages 10 disposals per game.

2012: 11 games, 8 disposals per game.
2013: 8 games, 11.6 disposals per game.
2014: 8 games, 10.5 disposals per game.
2015: 1 game, 22 disposals.
2016: 4 games, 13.8 disposals per game.

Started as a mid, failed as mid. Won a flag as a forward. Next game will be for Keilor.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Folks are forgetting that we can shuffle. Doesn’t have to be like for like.

Cotchin has been protected to an extent this year. I’d rotate him and Prestia to have one at every stoppage.

Edwards and Dusty on the outside.

This allows the selection of a more offensive, in-form weapon - one Marlion Pickett.