Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
So Jack Graham has a legacy beyond dispute at Richmond. The Grand Final and Cats game give him that.

But what do we expect next? The shoulders are a worry. Averages 17 disposals, 7 tackles, 2.5 clearances. Will be 22 all of next year and comes out of contract at the end of 2020. Clubs will come hard for him, particularly the SA clubs. We know things are getting tight, we know Jack Ross in year averaged 17 disposals and more clearances In year one.

Horrible thought, is Jack Graham the one we have to lose due to salary cap pressures? And what is he worth in a trade if it comes to that?

Tend to agree. I don't have an issue with him being in the side, he's easily the best defensive minded mid in the team but I am very concerned about his shoulders. That injury to his good shoulder was so inoculous and his game style isn't going to ease the pressure on those shoulders. Up against it.

Reactions: 1 user

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
IF this, IF that...

He brings more than his playing ability to the team.

His RICHMOND MAN levels are probably one of the highest in the club.

Will play 'IF' fit ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We have cover in his position. I'd be tempted to see if Port of the Crows become desperate for a ready made, local born, club Captain with a wealth of top team finals and premiership experience.

Got to be worth two 1st rounders at least.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
We have cover in his position. I'd be tempted to see if Port of the Crows become desperate for a ready made, local born, club Captain with a wealth of top team finals and premiership experience.

Got to be worth two 1st rounders at least.

Richmond inspire me.
Breaking new ground, going where no sporting team, let alone an AFL team, has ever gone before.
Sustainable , or just a one time group dynamic?
I am inspired by the the groundbreaking courage, insight and selflessness of all the individuals that make up this organisation.

Baloo, please read the recent news regarding how Josh Deluca has been treated by his club.
This is a person being treated with no individual care or respect, by an organisation that is confused, cold hearted and frightened.
Then please read your comment again.

I have always loved cheering on-field Richmond.
Now Richmond the organisation inspire me to be a better person/father/employer/husband/human.

Thanks for your comment and apologies for my rant, it is not directed at you as much as an epiphany by me..
I didnt realise how much I have learned from the new Richmond culture until I read your post.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Fridge is very unlucky not to be a 40 game 2 time Premiership player, would've looked very good on the CV.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
So Jack Graham has a legacy beyond dispute at Richmond. The Grand Final and Cats game give him that.

But what do we expect next? The shoulders are a worry. Averages 17 disposals, 7 tackles, 2.5 clearances. Will be 22 all of next year and comes out of contract at the end of 2020. Clubs will come hard for him, particularly the SA clubs. We know things are getting tight, we know Jack Ross in year averaged 17 disposals and more clearances In year one.

Horrible thought, is Jack Graham the one we have to lose due to salary cap pressures? And what is he worth in a trade if it comes to that?

I reckon if Ross and RCD kick on, Graham may find himself squeezed out. If Ellis is a second rounder, Graham's probably worth a third.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I presume by strapping this means that you try and strap the shoulder to prevent movement which is likely to cause injury, given his particular situation. Sounds doable to me.

Jack Graham is just the sort of player who embodies the current playing group and their attitude of playing for the team and, even moreso, for their team mates. I would avoid trading him and be trying to lock him in at Richmond for a long time.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Jack is much more valuable playing for us than 2 first rounders.
Sometimes TIGER fans are just plain irrational.
His shoulders are worth the wait, think C Judd.
This young man is bloody good, he is a big game player and a big piece of the tiger complement.

Reactions: 5 users

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Given the core of his game is built around tackling, no doubt it's a concern.
Jack is IMO an integral part of the team top 22. Given the current structure and the coaching staff it would not surprise me to see them reinvent him into another role. You do not let inspirational footballers like the Fridge go

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
We’ve got a number of midfielders at or approaching 30 and some around here want to offload Graham because he’s hurt his shoulder and RCD had a good training report? Crazy.

Reactions: 7 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
After the 2017 win Graham stated he wanted to get to 150 games to meet the normal life membership thread. I say let him get there.

Besides look at what he has done in 39 games. Imagine what heroics we will witness in another 111 games. Rather he be doing those in yellow and black

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We’ve got a number of midfielders at or approaching 30 and some around here want to offload Graham because he’s hurt his shoulder and RCD had a good training report? Crazy.

Just one person suggested offloading Graham in jest? Or did I miss some posts?

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
In the last 2 years Graham has had 23 frees for and 49 against. Seems a bit lop-sided.

If that correct we need to trade him.
I don’t care if this guy can lead us to 3 premiership we need to balance our free kick ratio