Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

The way we're playing these first few weeks, we 'aint making finals any time soon. The back to the future game style the AFL has forced in has bypassed us big time n we need to spend the rest of this year just trying to learn it so we can be ready for next year.
Another year of learning? What did we do over the preseason?

The way we're playing these first few weeks, we 'aint making finals any time soon. The back to the future game style the AFL has forced in has bypassed us big time n we need to spend the rest of this year just trying to learn it so we can be ready for next year.
Sorry but this is a cop out now. Seems every other club has adjusted to the new rules yet after 2 years it seems everytime we lose we use this as an excuse. If we havent adapted after 2 pre seasons perhaps Dimma aint the man to take us fwd

Reactions: 4 users
I think I mentioned earlier in this thread that Graham is a piano carrier and not a piano player. Plenty thought he would kick on, but he hasn't. No shame in that, but can we make the hard call on him and others? While he's played some big games, overall finals success rarely lives and dies by players of his ability.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry but this is a cop out now. Seems every other club has adjusted to the new rules yet after 2 years it seems everytime we lose we use this as an excuse. If we havent adapted after 2 pre seasons perhaps Dimma aint the man to take us fwd
Up until the end of 2020, we could afford to ignore what the rules manipulators were trying to do to *smile* us over. 2021 was set to be a rinse and repeat year for obvious reasons until the continuous chain of injuries crippled us. 2022 after watching the Dees obliterate the Woofers with a combo of pressure on top of some new game styles we should've still been in a position to maintain our game style to a large degree. More disruption to our senior players, plus some hit the wall form sees our scrap n harass game sadly lacking. It also takes at least three to four years to restructure a list to suit the enforced game style changes.

He's always been slow but had other attributes which contributed to the overall team performance. Weaknesses no longer being covered up. Seems a Dimma favourite though.

He's always been slow but had other attributes which contributed to the overall team performance. Weaknesses no longer being covered up. Seems a Dimma favourite though.

He may be a Dimma favourite, but his continued selection is more an indictment on our midfield at the moment, both those playing at AFL and those not playing for whatever reason.

Reactions: 1 users
Graham is doing what he's always been capable of. He's not elite in any part of his game, bit of a workhorse but don't really see him taking his game to any greater level. Is that good enough for the current side? I say yes purely because there are veterans that need to be moved on first.

He's a support 5th 6th mid. He's valuable when you have peak Cotchin, Dusty, Prestia, Lambert. Can't ask him to step up to play a pivotal role as 2nd 3rd or even 4th mid.

Reactions: 5 users
Perfect trade bait. If we want to move up quickly, cash in on medium tier players with value while you can. And I reckon he’s on ok coin as well.

I beat you can get a pick between 20-40.

Reactions: 6 users
Perfect trade bait. If we want to move up quickly, cash in on medium tier players with value while you can. And I reckon he’s on ok coin as well.

I beat you can get a pick between 20-40.
He kicked 3 goals in a GF.
SA teams with long memories will pay overs to get one of their own back.
I wouldn’t accept anything less than pick 20.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
He kicked 3 goals in a GF.
SA teams with long memories will pay overs to get one of their own back.
I wouldn’t accept anything less than pick 20.

20 would be a bandit result and the club would jump at it.

Agree. Port and Crows would pay overs considering where they are atm. Now is the time to cash in as he is only going to get slower and heavier

I think a few would value Graham highly. Just turned 24 and his defensive would be just the skill some are looking for. Pick 20 to 30 might work.

Last edited: