Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Unfortunately he isn’t offering much at all at the moment. I’d rather stick with a guy like RCD or bring in a Sonsie/Clarke. Love the bloke too so it kills me …but that’s how u continue to evolve as a great team.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Unfortunately he isn’t offering much at all at the moment. I’d rather stick with a guy like RCD or bring in a Sonsie/Clarke. Love the bloke too so it kills me …but that’s how u continue to evolve as a great team.
At least RCD can win a few clearances from his 15 touches

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Teacher, by average do you mean Mean or median?
They're both measures of centre so it doesn't really matter.

Median means exactly half are worse. Average means more or less half are worse, unless your dataset is really skewed.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Spot on. He's not really a midfielder with the numbers he's delivering. Certainly not an elite one.
I'd rather keep Riley in for a bit & see if he can improve than stick with a known entity who's not really influencing games.
Dion attended 20 centre bounces, and is credited with 3 centre clearances.
Graham attended 7 centre bounce, and is credited with 1 centre clearance.
The ratio is the same for both.

Prestia, had 251m gained, 2 score involvements and 3 inside 50. We say how important he is for our structure.
Graham, for balance, had 322m gain, 8 score involvements. 7 inside 50.
Edwards went to 6 centre bounces and had 3 clearances, 396m, 5 inside 50.

The last 2 apparently we need to do away with, but the first is crucial, if unreliable due to injury. Yet on paper, not a huge amount on average, between their performances.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dunno what the hate on Fridge is for, he's not a superstar n doesn't get paid like one either. Damn hard working nuts n bolts footballer who consistently does plenty of grunt work for the side.

Reactions: 7 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Dunno what the hate on Fridge is for, he's not a superstar n doesn't get paid like one either. Damn hard working nuts n bolts footballer who consistently does plenty of grunt work for the side.
Perhaps a victim of the unrequited reputation as the Captain heir apparent?
As you say, probably only ever be a nuts and bolts player and needs to be judged that way.
Hence my concern that they rushed him back under done.
He’s not the Messiah

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Jack Graham must continue be a heart and soul type player, and provide even more leadership.

He has hit his ceiling. Was a man child and played his peak football most likely at the under National carnival where is was the player of the carnival.

Play him in accountable roles that limit the effectiveness of his opponents. That’s where I see a role for him.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Reminds me a bit of Dan Jackson at times. Not a superstar but as you say, willing to do the grunt work that is often missed by some. It would be great to have 22 A grade stars on the team but reality says different and guy's like Jack are still so important to us

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Dion attended 20 centre bounces, and is credited with 3 centre clearances.
Graham attended 7 centre bounce, and is credited with 1 centre clearance.
The ratio is the same for both.
That's a very small sample to draw that comparison. Are you suggesting Graham is as good a midfielder as Prestia?? Cause laughable if you are.

Reactions: 2 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Absolute Jekyll and Hyde player. Unfortunately More bad than good for mine. Most games looks like a plodder. Not very damaging and doesn’t win a lot of ball.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Usually plays outside defensive mid? Applies heat and counters? Batting low now and rightly. A multiple premiership player.

Is often a better user by foot than Lablett but not as good a player yet. Works near the contest not in front of it. Can be brilliant in acquiring and using. If it hits his hands it can be in a teammate's hands in .25 seconds. Sometimes quicker.

Runs towards goal. Uses towards goal. Footballer.

Those who don't think he'd play for Melbourne massively overrate Melbourne. IMO. Let's hope we get to test that.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
That's a very small sample to draw that comparison. Are you suggesting Graham is as good a midfielder as Prestia?? Cause laughable if you are.
No, what I'm pointing out is that the eyes tell you someone was ineffective, and another person is crucial, but on average they did the same thing.
There's a lot of bias in things we see or want to see.
I don't think Fridge will ever be a star. But for a mid 40s (?) Draft pick, he's giving what I'd hope for. The frustration is the lack of talent around him. That needs to be solved next off season.

Reactions: 1 user