Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

There’s something club-driven here. Yes, coaches and team mates may want him to stay.

But

The brutal truth is he represents value beyond what he is to our game plan. Our overall chances of onfield success.

This is a classic cash in trade for us, like Brandon Ellis should’ve been.

The strong narrative is he’s an excellent team man, future captain, very good player. I happen to think he’s really only the first of those in reality.

The club might play the ‘required player’ card to boost what we get, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Hartley, Livingstone, Dimma and the co. see the advantage in off-loading a slightly overrated player who isn’t critical to our long term fortunes.

Reactions: 6 users
Top the midfield up with Tarranto & Hopper but may lose Graham, not ideal , but Ross may have overtaken him in the pecking order late in the season anyway.

As others have said can't let him go for nothing like Butler etc if he chooses to go.
no way ross is even par with Graham, let alone gone past him. Losing Graham will hurt us in my opinion, esp if prestia keeps getting the injuries. who will be our starting perma mids, prestia taranto hopper only with an aging cotch. HF/Mids bolton dusty. ross (not consistent or prooven) and the young uns. and if we get a couple of injuries then were again still relying on short and or baker to play their part in the guts.

Reactions: 7 users
Demand pick #8 or he stays and completes his contract with 2 years left

Graham is more valuable to Richmond in the next 2 years than a pick 20-25

We are trading in Taranto & Hopper to win a premiership and need midfield quality and depth

Graham is a ready Lambert replacement and an experienced player with leadership

Jack Graham will still be worth similar min pick 25-30 in 2 years time when he is out of contract and a free agent
I don't have much confidence that whoever we draft with a pick will be any better than Jack. Certainly won't be next year when our ambitious trading is nothing less than a full-on Capitol Riot attempt at reclaiming the flag.

Reactions: 2 users
Caught up with big Ivan last night.
Nicest bloke you’d ever meet. Not an egotistical bone in his body
Reckon he’s gone. Alluded to it.

BTW he currently is recovering from a wrist operation and a knee and shoulder clean out. And then there was that massive hit he received in the last VFL game where he needed 6 stitches and had his eye completely closed up.
Playing in the ruck is definitely not for the feint hearted.

Soldo is gone or Graham is gone?

Who do you love more: George or Andrew Collins ?

Personally, don’t think you’ve ever quite gotten over the Collins trade.
Collins, the gift that keeps on giving, Grigga, Marlion and hopefully their sons and daughters.

Reactions: 2 users
Jesus port Adelaide must really like Graham

Had their big guns out showing him around and even went to the extent to find a player Jack had played with as a junior to convince him to come.

JG will likely be on $450k+ at Richmond so my thinking is they will be paying him $600k-$650k x 5 years to move him and give up free agency

Demand pick #8

Best deal Graham+#30 for pick #8

Port are desperate and will pay up
They can't possibly miss out again.
Poor Kenny might revert back to picking up guns like Fanstansia & Mayes

no way ross is even par with Graham, let alone gone past him. Losing Graham will hurt us in my opinion, esp if prestia keeps getting the injuries. who will be our starting perma mids, prestia taranto hopper only with an aging cotch. HF/Mids bolton dusty. ross (not consistent or prooven) and the young uns. and if we get a couple of injuries then were again still relying on short and or baker to play their part in the guts.
Perhaps we are putting faith in Sonsie as the upgrade to Graham in 2023

someone's probably mentioned this, but ..

with the 'arrivals' of Taranto and Hopper, and Sonsie emerging,

how much does this sway Jack into thinking going back to SA is a reasonable thought ?

as well as more personal feelings about family, partner and home... it kind of adds up ..

Reactions: 1 user
Really hope Jack stays, tough as nails, Richmond man. Dont blame him for listening to whats out there, but really hoping he chooses the Tiges.

Reactions: 4 users