Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Besides his defence running both ways and courage he doesn't win clearances or his your in and under player.

Reactions: 1 user
You saying our players are liars !!!????
No. Just saying I don't take surveys seriously so just pick an answer.

Where are we on the list, as we and the whole AFL world knows we're near the best in club culture?

No. Just saying I don't take surveys seriously so just pick an answer.

Where are we on the list, as we and the whole AFL world knows we're near the best in club culture?
Dunno. Just mentions Geelong, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane being the top 4 at the end of 2021 according to this player cultural survey.

Dunno. Just mentions Geelong, Melbourne, Port and Brisbane being the top 4 at the end of 2021 according to this player cultural survey.
Was this the same survey that had Tex Walker best captain for 2 years straight?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Literally the top 4 based on ladder position at the end of the home and away season. Winning makes everything better.

Reactions: 1 users
There’s something club-driven here. Yes, coaches and team mates may want him to stay.

But

The brutal truth is he represents value beyond what he is to our game plan. Our overall chances of onfield success.

This is a classic cash in trade for us, like Brandon Ellis should’ve been.

The strong narrative is he’s an excellent team man, future captain, very good player. I happen to think he’s really only the first of those in reality.

The club might play the ‘required player’ card to boost what we get, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Hartley, Livingstone, Dimma and the co. see the advantage in off-loading a slightly overrated player who isn’t critical to our long term fortunes.
Spot on, I think we believe he is a system footballer. Our system gets the best out of his talent. And the numbers show that there isn't a great deal of difference between he and Ross. Defensively, I think there would be a gap but it's hard to access those numbers. If we get 8. And keep one of 8.12 and 19 and take it to the draft table to get a Jefferson or Keeler and bring in Taranto & Hopper, it's a pretty good offseason.

Reactions: 5 users
I don't have much confidence that whoever we draft with a pick will be any better than Jack. Certainly won't be next year when our ambitious trading is nothing less than a full-on Capitol Riot attempt at reclaiming the flag.
I've had the same sort of feeling as well.
At least partly out of ignorance - I don't know much about Hopper. I do remember him running around in GF19 but haven't really followed him much at all since.
Is he going to provide better value on the field and for the salary he's gonna get - over the next 7 years - than Jack Graham?
I certainly don't know.

There’s something club-driven here. Yes, coaches and team mates may want him to stay.

But

The brutal truth is he represents value beyond what he is to our game plan. Our overall chances of onfield success.

This is a classic cash in trade for us, like Brandon Ellis should’ve been.

The strong narrative is he’s an excellent team man, future captain, very good player. I happen to think he’s really only the first of those in reality.

The club might play the ‘required player’ card to boost what we get, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Hartley, Livingstone, Dimma and the co. see the advantage in off-loading a slightly overrated player who isn’t critical to our long term fortunes.
B&F speaks volumes on how the coaching staff view him. Barely featured in the votes this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Would be awkward for Fridge on first day of pre season if he had to partner Sloane.

Hey guys, please remember this….
Hinkley knows that Port need to put up a stellar season or he’s gone hence, he will be doing everything in his power to get quality players on the park to play for him and JG is quality with everything he can bring.
If JG decides Port is where he wants to be, Hinkley is and will be pushing very hard to get the deal done which tips things our way. I’m not sure how much sway he has with his recruiting team but if it was up to him, we’ll win this trade, Hinkleys time is running out.

Reactions: 9 users
The ideal trade scenario for us would be Pick 30 plus Graham for pick 8.

Reactions: 4 users