Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Port will receive a second-round draft selection – currently pick No.27 – as compensation.

This is for Amon going to Hawks.

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
According to AFL.com.au Port could offer its future second round for Jack Graham...

• Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Strange when every other player coming to us is somehow worth 2 first picks but for Graham 2 X premiership player only 24 yo future leader it’s a late second pick?

Reactions: 9 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Graham and Soldo being a little undersold I reckon. Might not be elite stars but they are good AFL quality footballers, both coming to into their prime with premiership experience and are quality people.

Just hope we don’t get bent.

Reactions: 7 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Hard to stay when they have already told him to 'explore your options'.
I think deep down they don't want to lose Graham but they want the GWS boys more and they want to still be active in next years draft
I can see us only using 1 pick in this year's draft but having 3-4 picks next year.
Graham is worth pick 12-20
Or 2 picks between 25-35.
Getting Taranto and Hopper and positioning ourselves for next years draft has to be the priority.
Hopefully Jack and 30 to Adelaide, which club he supported growing up, for their future 1st.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I still think the effectiveness of Jack Graham has been reduced since the rule changes.
Pressure role players D Rioli (fwd), Castagana & Graham all had their effectiveness curbed when SHocking deliberately opened up the game.
These type of high intensity roles also have a shelf life given their thankless nature.

Reactions: 4 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I only trade if it involves pick 8, I'd even consider pick 12 & Graham for pick 8 & the Amon pick. Need to creep into the Jefferson range, very doable.
Bullus how about Young from the vfl.
Young reminds me of our Captain and looks ready, while investing in next years draft rather than this one may provide better options.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I still think the effectiveness of Jack Graham has been reduced since the rule changes.
Pressure role players D Rioli (fwd), Castagana & Graham all had their effectiveness curbed when SHocking deliberately opened up the game.
These type of high intensity roles also have a shelf life given their thankless nature.
Agree about the players like George, whose poor disposal becomes more of a problem under the stand rule. And Jack who has been great but whose lack of agility has possibly made him less effective.
Are you suggesting though that this rule will be changed.
Hope you are right but the AFL seems to be congratulating themselves now on just how great a game they have created!

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
The talk I have heard is that Junior Rioli is a higher priority for Port and the Amon compo is likely to go in that direction.

It might sound overs, but I’d ask Port for their future first for Graham and maybe a later future pick of ours to make weight.

Reactions: 1 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
I love JG, and he will always be Richmond royalty to me, absolute class act, on and off the field, but,

Can't see a world were JG stays at tigerland

What's he on $450-500k ?

Not sure he gets a game ahead of Ross or Sonsie, and what are they on ? $ 200k ?

Especially when his one wood is tackling and pressure, and we are getting Hopper and Taranto who do that, and get 10 clearances, and about 10 more disposals pg than JG

We will probably get unders for him, but, the players around him have improved, and he may end up being a not best 22 player coming out of contract next year, and this will be really bad for his long term financial security.

Reckon he is gone, and it will be with our blessing, that's how we roll.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I only trade if it involves pick 8, I'd even consider pick 12 & Graham for pick 8 & the Amon pick. Need to creep into the Jefferson range, very doable.
I would do that if he really wanted to go but if i am Blair im holding out for pick #8 for Graham + #30