Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Looks slow, fat and disinterested.

Given up way too easily on chases. Tackles.dont stick when he gets there.

Would be best for him and us.if he pursues another opportunity

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
15 touches & some tackles. Bang on what a normal game is for him.

Of Grahams 116 games, he’s probably played about 106 games similar to what he put out today.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
We need pace. Jack has played his part but his lack of pace has made him dispensable.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Another of our premiership players who have lost the drive that took us to the pinnacle. We got probably one in three good games out of him this season and the rest - meh'

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Another of our premiership players who have lost the drive that took us to the pinnacle. We got probably one in three good games out of him this season and the rest - meh'
Nothing has changed with Jacks game other than the team being less successful.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
What clubs would want him and what would you get for him?
Not much. Midfielders either need to win it in close or be get and run midfielders.
He is turtle slow. There's no explosive part to hid game. Good runner but no pace.
2024 footy is speed and pressure

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Some of the posts here are ridiculous. Sure, he's a little slow, but he brings physicality and (without knowing the stats) would have to be second behind Dusty in F50 disposal efficiency... an area where we have been poor all year.

I'm not against shopping him around to see what his trade value is, but my preference is to keep.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If we can't trade him out or delist him then he should play vfl next year. Others should get preference over him.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Some of the posts here are ridiculous. Sure, he's a little slow, but he brings physicality and (without knowing the stats) would have to be second behind Dusty in F50 disposal efficiency... an area where we have been poor all year.

I'm not against shopping him around to see what his trade value is, but my preference is to keep.
I think this is wrong. We are one of the better teams for scores per inside 50's. I am sure I saw a stat in this regard last week.

But we are a poor overall kicking team - last in kicking efficiency. But that might be because we kick longer (we are 3rd in overall metres gained) in general than other teams.

Whaever, Graham is either very good or very poor. To big a gap between his best and worst.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Considering all the trade talk about Graham last year and him touring Ports facilities, surprised that he hasn't come up in talks this year.

Maybe he's been promised a positional change under Ooze?

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008

The issue is he's bog average at best and he's either at, or past, his ceiling which unfortunately is 15 touches as a mid or 10 as a HF.

He is wasting a spot on the field. It's a shame no one has come looking this trade period.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
The issue is he's bog average at best and he's either at, or past, his ceiling which unfortunately is 15 touches as a mid or 10 as a HF.

He is wasting a spot on the field. It's a shame no one has come looking this trade period.
given that glowing endorsement , its more a surprise than a shame no one has come looking

:)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Ziebell gave him a big wrap in one of his interviews. I expect alot more midfield time next year for Graham.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Ziebell gave him a big wrap in one of his interviews. I expect alot more midfield time next year for Graham.
It is midfield or bust for Jack imo.

We have never used a tagger in the past under Hardwick
so it will be interesting to see whether Yze likes to have one or not. Jack is the obvious one to play that role