Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Reckon next year is the year we offload a couple. Better draft, big moves with capital behind us.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hopefully over his toe issues & can have a strong preseason. Appeared to be playing catchup all this year. For an endurance runner it was a poor preparation & he battled.

Reactions: 4 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
It is midfield or bust for Jack imo.

We have never used a tagger in the past under Hardwick
so it will be interesting to see whether Yze likes to have one or not. Jack is the obvious one to play that role
To be a successful tagger you have to be able to keep up.
Expect Jack to do some vfl time this year along with Grimes and McIntosh. All have overstayed.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Graham can run. He's one of our best runners when he doesn't have a bung toe. Not slow. But he needs to be fit. He looked to be carrying a bit of condition this year compared to his sleek best. Fit, he's the natural heir to Lambo. Enough of these inside mid dreams. Transition, extra man at stoppages, hit the fall. Lambo.

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 09-41-05 Jack Graham and Kane Lambert AFL Stats Comparison.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Graham can run. He's one of our best runners when he doesn't have a bung toe. Not slow. But he needs to be fit. He looked to be carrying a bit of condition this year compared to his sleek best. Fit, he's the natural heir to Lambo. Enough of these inside mid dreams. Transition, extra man at stoppages, hit the fall. Lambo.

View attachment 20885
Clearances Lambo was better. Improvement required from JG.

And marks inside 50, Lambo has 1 every 2 games inside 50. Thats from hard running back to goal.
Jack runs hard but his sprint home needs to improve.
Level up in those 2 areas and we'd be happy Spooky

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Looking forward to Jack have a great season, he's reported to being in ripping nick. When fit Fridge he is an underrated player, I'm calling it early, he finishes top three in the B&F.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Graham is someone we need to move past to get better. JG finishing top 3 in our BNF would be more concerning than comforting.

• Dislike

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He has the qualities, not the consistency. Perhaps that gap between his best and worst has been mostly fitness based?

Lets hope the real JG stands up in 2024.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
1.5 clearance. 5tk. 18disp. .4 goal. They're pretty much his numbers. Outside defensive mid with damaging use when sound. He's a known quantity in the role.

Yze probably likes Ed Langdon. Lachie Hunter? Does he try Graham in that kind of role? There's no inkling of it so far. Freewheeling JG? Dunno. He's got a pretty good resume as an outside defensive mid.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigga94

Tiger Rookie
Apr 2, 2023
1.5 clearance. 5tk. 18disp. .4 goal. They're pretty much his numbers. Outside defensive mid with damaging use when sound. He's a known quantity in the role.

Yze probably likes Ed Langdon. Lachie Hunter? Does he try Graham in that kind of role? There's no inkling of it so far. Freewheeling JG? Dunno. He's got a pretty good resume as an outside defensive.
Yeop, I think he’ll be used as a tagger.

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021

Yze probably likes Ed Langdon. Lachie Hunter? Does he try Graham in that kind of role? There's no inkling of it so far. Freewheeling JG? Dunno. He's got a pretty good resume as an outside defensive mid.
JG can run and his Pressure Act No.s were always RFC's highest. Taranto actually took over the "pressure" stats. last year. JG seemed to fit the Dimma gameplan beautifully and never dropped. If Yze selects Pickett, Grimes, Kmac and Graham then fine. A neutral eye has judged them best 22.

I couldn't believe Hopper and Tarranto didn't squeeze Jack G out in 23.

Pickett wing or nowhere I hope. Banks/Ross or an overflow mid maybe the other.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Looks bloody fit though. He's plays so much better when injury free, fit and running on top of the ground.

Nothing like a contract year to bring out the best in any footballer!!!

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jack Graham should always get the benefit of the doubt. What he did for us in the 2019 Prelim against Geelong should never be forgotten.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Looks bloody fit though. He's plays so much better when injury free, fit and running on top of the ground.

Nothing like a contract year to bring out the best in any footballer!!!
Unfortunately injured his ankle in match sim today. Not sure on severity but went off and didn’t come back on.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

frecks

Tiger Cub
Feb 24, 2008
Jack Graham should always get the benefit of the doubt. What he did for us in the 2019 Prelim against Geelong should never be forgotten.
Couldn't of put it better myself. Forever grateful for his efforts to win the game for us.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Unfortunate injury at the end of the game for him.
That said I've been saying for a while now I'm just not sure where Jack sits in the modern game now.
26 years old & has plateaued for the past three seasons.
His strength was pressure & tackling but once that was removed due to rule changes his game has become really meh.
Will never forget his heroics during our Premiership era but I do wish he'd been taken by Port.
Prefer others to get the opportunities now.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Unfortunate injury at the end of the game for him.
That said I've been saying for a while now I'm just not sure where Jack sits in the modern game now.
26 years old & has plateaued for the past three seasons.
His strength was pressure & tackling but once that was removed due to rule changes his game has become really meh.
Will never forget his heroics during our Premiership era but I do wish he'd been taken by Port.
Prefer others to get the opportunities now.
His pre-season has been pumped up for looking trimmer and fitter, but with 40 seconds to go in the game he looked exactly the same slow, mid-teens-possession Graham he's been since 2018.

At 26 I can't see where he elevates himself from the below average category he's in as a midfielder. Just hope we've dumped the Lambert role idea.