Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Turns up when we are flying but looks uttetly slow and hopelessly out of sorts once the crap hits the fan
I want him dropped and give clarke a rum of three games

Thought he was working ultra hard against the tide early, however again having very little influence.

Mini needs to give him a definitive role the last 3 weeks , how about a full blown D Kellaway tag role ? when you don’t have a crack midfield to go head to head , you need to some how nullify the oppositions .

Jacks got enough talent to be part of a successful team, it’s our job to find that role

Reactions: 1 users
11 disposals playing on ball. Time for a spell. Marvel is a fast track and he looked like a tricycle out there.

Thought he was working ultra hard against the tide early, however again having very little influence.

Mini needs to give him a definitive role the last 3 weeks , how about a full blown D Kellaway tag role ? when you don’t have a crack midfield to go head to head , you need to some how nullify the oppositions .

Jacks got enough talent to be part of a successful team, it’s our job to find that role
Not disagreeing with you overall, but Jack has already been part of a successful team twice.

Reactions: 1 user
The games too quick for him
Move him on to the Suns he can reunite with Hardwick

He’s exactly the same player he was on debut for us in 2017.

He was a manchild whose output was above expectations for his age in 2017, but from 2018 onwards he’s played below expected output for his age and has had basically no extra development or improvement since debut.

No one noticed/cared about his lack of progression while we were successful, but now as a 24 year old in a poor side it sticks out like a sore thumb that he’s just not good enough. We have wasted a 2023 forwardline position on the least agile and slow footballer on our list.

I think we might go looking for draft capital in the off-season and while he’s not worth much on the table, surely he’s one of the first we look at trying to extract a 3rd rounder for.

Reactions: 5 users
He’s exactly the same player he was on debut for us in 2017.

He was a manchild whose output was above expectations for his age in 2017, but from 2018 onwards he’s played below expected output for his age and has had basically no extra development or improvement since debut.

No one noticed/cared about his lack of progression while we were successful, but now as a 24 year old in a poor side it sticks out like a sore thumb that he’s just not good enough. We have wasted a 2023 forwardline position on the least agile and slow footballer on our list.

I think we might go looking for draft capital in the off-season and while he’s not worth much on the table, surely he’s one of the first we look at trying to extract a 3rd rounder for.
Agree he’s a mid or nothing, only snippets as a forward - tagger?

I’ve always been a Fridge fan but he’s getting slower as the days go by. Some of his attacks on the ball left a lot to be desired today. Ditto Meatball who looks like he’s in protection mode sometimes.

Reactions: 2 users
Hasn't been Jack's best season, happens all the time when players don't have a preseason.

• Sad
At best he is a tagger. At worst he should be rocking up on a Saturday morning for the Shepparton ressies. Still reckon he has decent trade value to either SA teams. Definitely has to be looked at as trade bait

Just so slow in a slow team
I’ve appreciated his efforts and game over the years, but geez how many treacle paced mids can we play?

That’s good. Something he will always do I suppose. Just don’t remember him hunting as effectively as he used to but there may be reasons for that
Perhaps he's protecting his shoulder that was dislocated a few years ago? Might be an injury that makes him a bit wary of strong tackles? Or maybe not. Certainly doesn't seem to have the influence at contests and clearances that he used to in his prime.