Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
Port wanted and had him
Heard this directly from Hinkley.
Along came Horne Francis and they dumped the deal.
Reckon we are happy to trade him but now he is a free agent.
Oh I forgot about that! Knowing the AFL we'll be lucky to get a start of 3rd round...

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
Sorry - notwithstanding his bravery (shoulder injury in Prelim) and selflessness - I'm loath to say that IMHO - he's really shown very little since.

I can't recall his various finished in RFC B&F but I'd respectfully suggest he isn't in our top ten in any year (I'm sure I'll get proven wrong).

Don't really notice when he's not playing :(

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Really slow, looks burnt out with buggerd hips the way he can’t get traction when he runs. I thought he had a stinker but first game back. I hope he can lift.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
No spot for him imo - adds very little to the team. Slow, ordinary skills, rush kicks anywhere. Rather get games into Macauliffe, Ross, Dow, Sonsie, Green etc in the midfield.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It was his first game of the year but we may well have moved past Jack. He is a whole hearted footballer and a premiership hero but I am not sure he is suited to the way we are playing and heading.

Many don’t agree but I feel the same way about McIntosh. Can’t deliver the football well enough

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Get the feeling Jack will be another looking for a new home at season's end.

Him, Bakes & Shorty are all pretty tight. Would like to be a fly on the wall of their conversations.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Him, Bakes & Shorty are all pretty tight. Would like to be a fly on the wall of their conversations.
Baker is the one I want to stay and perhaps also to be skipper.
Of course he is also probably the most valuable in terms of trade value.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Please

It's the era of big and fast.
He isn't big and he definitely isn't fast.
Not sure what we would get in return..but he did his job. Legend of the club

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Baker is the one I want to stay and perhaps also to be skipper.
Of course he is also probably the most valuable in terms of trade value.
Yes and while I want to retain Bakes, if he is to go then hopefully WC and Freo get into some kind of bidding war and bump up the price.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Please

It's the era of big and fast.
He isn't big and he definitely isn't fast.
Not sure what we would get in return..but he did his job. Legend of the club
Yes absolutely a legend of the club & forever grateful but it's a bit disappointing he hasn't really gone on with it & developed as a starting midfielder.
Especially after his heroics against Sloane in the Grand Final in just his 5th game.

At 26 years of age he should be playing his best footy for us and assuming the mantle from Cotch, Martin & Prestia but he's still more of a role player than a starting mid.
Nobody really considers him for such a position.
Since pressure has been weakened in the game I actually think his one wood is less effective than it once was too.
He is what he is I guess. I actually wonder how much interest there would be for him tbh.

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Yes absolutely a legend of the club & forever grateful but it's a bit disappointing he hasn't really gone on with it & developed as a starting midfielder.
Especially after his heroics against Sloane in the Grand Final in just his 5th game.

At 26 years of age he should be playing his best footy for us and assuming the mantle from Cotch, Martin & Prestia but he's still more of a role player than a starting mid.
He is what he is I guess. I actually wonder how much interest there would be for him tbh.
One of the SA clubs would definitely take him. Is he a FA this year?

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Yes and while I want to retain Bakes, if he is to go then hopefully WC and Freo get into some kind of bidding war and bump up the price.
The better Bakes season is, the better Freo's season is (say second week finals) the more they will be willing to pay. Absolutely 2 picks one of course their best first rounder.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
The better Bakes season is, the better Freo's season is (say second week finals) the more they will be willing to pay. Absolutely 2 picks one of course their best first rounder.
What did WC pay for Kelly?
Is Baker worth more because he is 100 times more committed and professional?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
100%. I live in SA and Port fans were rapt that he was coming to their club, it was like they were signing a massive name in their eyes.

I suspect Adelaide are probably more likely to be in for him. They don't have enough defensive capabilities through their midfield which has been exposing them defensively this year. I could see him sliding into their midfield very easily, I'm not sure I see a spot in the Ports best 23 for him, so in terms of getting a return in draft picks I'd think Adelaide would pay him more money.

I think this is going to come down to his partner. I think I read somewhere that they were thinking of starting a family and I'm sure they'd prefer to do that around family and both are from SA.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
100%. I live in SA and Port fans were rapt that he was coming to their club, it was like they were signing a massive name in their eyes.
Reckon Fridge would struggle to find a spot in Pordadalayde's midfield, doubt they'd even consider him.