Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Maybe heading to Adelaide.
Wants to go back home
I’m not sure he’s the kind of player that has enough suitors to choose to just head home.

Doubt there will be too many clubs keen on a 14 disposal midfielder that is treacle slow and can’t kick over a jam tin come years end.

Reckon it’s probably us or park football for him next year.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I’m not sure he’s the kind of player that has enough suitors to choose to just head home.

Doubt there will be too many clubs keen on a 14 disposal midfielder that is treacle slow and can’t kick over a jam tin come years end.

Yep - hasn’t really progressed to the elite midfielder we ideally need. Role player. Good luck finding another team.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hés got 100 games up for the RFC and in all likelihood, won't be playing 100 games elsewhere I wouldn't think maybe 2-3 seasons but that won't be enough.

So Tigers have locked up another future father son.

Trade for adequate or appropriate return if he wants to go home.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I think he's perfect for Adelaide. His MO is as a defensive protection midfielder. Ie. he does the hard running that some of the attacking mids don't like doing, but it also means those attacking mids can positiong themselves very aggressively. When he was defending behind the likes of Dusty etc he found his best role. Stepping up tp be the main man, doesn't seem to work for him.

So Adelaide would look at him strongly I reckon, would potentially want to go there, but also is that perfect foil for the likes of Rachele / Rankine who they want to play through the midfield.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I think he's perfect for Adelaide. His MO is as a defensive protection midfielder. Ie. he does the hard running that some of the attacking mids don't like doing, but it also means those attacking mids can positiong themselves very aggressively. When he was defending behind the likes of Dusty etc he found his best role. Stepping up tp be the main man, doesn't seem to work for him.

So Adelaide would look at him strongly I reckon, would potentially want to go there, but also is that perfect foil for the likes of Rachele / Rankine who they want to play through the midfield.
We’re near the bottom of the ladder with a decimated midfield and even we don’t see the value in playing him in the midfield when Bolton and Dusty play the guts.

His position with Adelaide is probably where Ben Keays plays but Keays is infinitely better.

Reactions: 1 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Had high hopes for Graham when I first saw him in the VFL, thought he would one day Captain the club. So disappointing he could never go to that next level. He’s just been stuck around that 15 possies a game level for years now. When really someone like him should accumulate a *smile* load of possessions and link up and two way run all day. I doubt anyone would give up much for him now, unless he shows something more in the 2nd half of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think for a guy that was taken at pick 53, we have had an incredible return. But he grows restless and I think it's inevitable he will go. Better to try orchestrate the best outcome for Richmond now, than in 2 yrs.

Reactions: 6 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
I'm hoping that Adelaide's crap start to the year might get an under pressure Nicks to offer overs as a desperate measure to rectify their list.

But he's playing like someone that has been promised a position on another teams list at the end of the year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Hés got 100 games up for the RFC and in all likelihood, won't be playing 100 games elsewhere I wouldn't think maybe 2-3 seasons but that won't be enough.

So Tigers have locked up another future father son.

Trade for adequate or appropriate return if he wants to go home.
Does Graham have a son?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Free agent so we’ll get compo, probably a second rounder which I’ll take

With the AFLs great fish & chip wrapper compo system we'll probably get an end of 4th round if we're lucky. Remember how well we did with the Brando Ellis deal. Don't expect too much.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
With the AFLs great fish & chip wrapper compo system we'll probably get an end of 4th round if we're lucky. Remember how well we did with the Brando Ellis deal. Don't expect too much.
Don't believe they give 4th rounders, only up to 3rd. Looking at history I can only see 1 first rounder ever offered for unrestricted, James Frawley in 2014.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Free agent so we’ll get compo, probably a second rounder which I’ll take
Ellis was 2nd round with 5 years at 600k.

Graham will surely be in the Matt White/Luke McGuane zero compo bracket. I think they were 2-3 years at $350k which is about right for Graham if he can attract anything at all.