Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
said after the Port loss when Graham was out of the team due to fitness and form that Graham is an important piece of our premiership puzzle.

he is vital to the way we play. he's not your typical in and under grunt midfielder - where they win the hard ball at the bottom of a pack and dish off.

he bulldozes through packs with momentum and either wins the hard ball or lays tackles. he's hard at it and creates momentum from stoppages which suits our style of play

next captain.

Reactions: 2 users

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
I thought i had Jack Graham pegged as a very good hard at it defensive style of mid fielder but wow he proved me wrong with an excellent second half of the year. Yes he does all the hard grunt work but his attacking play was excellent with brilliant link up and excellent kicking into the forward 50. His quality of attacking play and run surprised me. A huge ceiling for him. Deservedly got his 2nd premiership.Can't wait for more.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Watched the GF again yesterday and Jack runs down Dangerfield and somehow gets penalized for in back. Jack gets up and mouths off. Think I counted 5 *smile*. Lucky the ump was generous and didn't march him 50m

Passionate guy young Jack

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Some of the speeds he recorded really surprised me. He's not as slow as he looks. That's a myth.
Maybe he just looks knackered at times due to all the hard running/pressure he does.

Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
good players sometimes need a small kick in the backside to show them the way. Good become Great Players when they take the kick and turn it around. Jack has overcome his early deficiency this season and came back harder and stronger to be a vital member of the 2020 premiership team. He will keep this standard going as he knows how hard it is to win the cup.

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
good players sometimes need a small kick in the backside to show them the way. Good become Great Players when they take the kick and turn it around. Jack has overcome his early deficiency this season and came back harder and stronger to be a vital member of the 2020 premiership team. He will keep this standard going as he knows how hard it is to win the cup.
he was recovering from a shoulder reconstruction

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Some of the speeds he recorded really surprised me. He's not as slow as he looks. That's a myth.
Maybe he just looks knackered at times due to all the hard running/pressure he does.

Very quick over shorter distances. Burst athlete.

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
Watched the GF again yesterday and Jack runs down Dangerfield and somehow gets penalized for in back. Jack gets up and mouths off. Think I counted 5 *smile*. Lucky the ump was generous and didn't march him 50m

I know, I was screaming at the TV "shut up jack" I was just waiting for the 50. It was a 70/30 decision (our way) which obviously was always going to the p diver. There was another moment in the 3rd I think where broady grabs him and gets him away as Jack gives another ump a mouthful. Got to love jacks passion, i really rate him now. He has come of age for me.

• Love

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
No. Dimma clearly stated when he was dropped to work on a couple of things. He rose to the challenge and has become a great player for us.

Came back without strapping on the shoulder. So also had more confidence in the shoulder, which would have helped

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London

That’s cos it was a *smile* decision and the ump knew it!

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I think they're less inclined to give 50m for abuse if they realise the free kick was an error.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I think they're less inclined to give 50m for abuse if they realise the free kick was an error.
Yeah it's like the umps know they *smile* up and can't change the decision and realise they deserve the abuse

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Top-five fastest players in 2020
Jack Graham, 34.2 km/h v Adelaide, round 18
Oleg Markov, 33.9 km/h v Essendon, round 13
Noah Balta, 33.9 km/h v Geelong, round 17
Marlion Pickett, 33.4 km/h v Geelong, round 17
Shai Bolton, 33.1 km/h v St Kilda, round 4

2020 has been a bit nuts but this could be the craziest thing I’ve seen. Source: AFL.com.au

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013

2020 has been a bit nuts but this could be the craziest thing I’ve seen. Source: AFL.com.au

wind assisted?

• Haha

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah, I’m going to go with instrument error on that one.