Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Be mad to trade him. Played with one arm hanging off to get us in a granny. Tiger legend. Hard-running, bulk-tackling, neat using future captaincy candidate.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Reckon the Crows coming for him? I would, even Port.

With all this incoming other clubs would be mad not to shake the tree and see what falls out.
Depends if he wants to go home doesn’t it ?

If he doesn’t, no way we’re pro actively selling him.

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Still only 25 next year. Lots of strange niggles holding him back. Can play. Great bloke. Great clubman.

He’s not going anywhere.
OMG, thought it was just me. Thank you Red.

I thought i was ruthless re: some of our players but holy *smile*, some of the posts on Jack Graham are ridiculous.
The guy is a born leader, had an o/standing 2017 finals series as a kid, carried a dislocated shoulder for the last half of the 2019 prelim to help with rotations that helped us get into the GF and is a warrior. He'd be one of the 1st on the magnets each week. Has played with a bad toe all year (do we listen and watch the Fitness videos?) incl Dimma's comments constantly that he is a tough soldier is Jack.

No way he is traded unless he asks to go back to SA.

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
OMG, thought it was just me. Thank you Red.

I thought i was ruthless re: some of our players but holy *smile*, some of the posts on Jack Graham are ridiculous.
The guy is a born leader, had an o/standing 2017 finals series as a kid, carried a dislocated shoulder for the last half of the 2019 prelim to help with rotations that helped us get into the GF and is a warrior. He'd be one of the 1st on the magnets each week. Has played with a bad toe all year (do we listen and watch the Fitness videos?) incl Dimma's comments constantly that he is a tough soldier is Jack.

No way he is traded unless he asks to go back to SA.
And one more thing. He turned down a larger offer to go to the Blues to help keep the list intact. Was it last year?
Publicly acknowledged by Dimma if I recall correctly.

No way we'd proactively trade him. Geez.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Jacks about to come into the peak of an AFL players career ie 25+ and 100 games.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We shouldve allowed Baker to go.
We couldve got WC 2nd rounder or used pick 12 and Baker to get pick 2.
Pick 2 wouldve got us both Tarranto & Hopper

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm a little surprised at the extreme defence. His stats are pretty underwhelming.
His tackling numbers have dropped right off & he's stagnated as a player. Solid citizen but not much more in the cold light of day.
Being traded doesn't change his heroics in previous finals campaigns one iota. More interested in what he brings in the future & I think he'll struggle to be selected.

Reactions: 5 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Castagna, RCD and Dow are expendable for mine.

Aarts and Martyn likely to get ejected.

Your getting peanuts for them mate I'm talking trading good value to get us back in the draft or use them for the trade.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I'm a little surprised at the extreme defence. His stats are pretty underwhelming.
His tackling numbers have dropped right off & he's stagnated as a player. Solid citizen but not much more in the cold light of day.
Being traded doesn't change his heroics in previous finals campaigns one iota. More interested in what he brings in the future & I think he'll struggle to be selected.
And we are a club, quoted ad nauseum, by our own coach, that does not look at the stats. But the Richmond man acts. Its been said many times this year, he has carried an injury all year and played through it, prob to his detriment.
Some may call it extreme defence.
Others - me - call it reading the room of how we have treated our ppl these last few years. And the value of our players to the team outside of the stats.

Reactions: 5 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
T
Your getting peanuts for them mate I'm talking trading good value to get us back in the draft or use them for the trade.
Sydney Stack and Soldo (and I am not sold on Soldo going), are the 2 likely trades. Reckon Stack might be valuable to a WA club or even an Essendon

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
And we are a club, quoted ad nauseum, by our own coach, that does not look at the stats. But the Richmond man acts. Its been said many times this year, he has carried an injury all year and played through it, prob to his detriment.
Some may call it extreme defence.
Others - me - call it reading the room of how we have treated our ppl these last few years. And the value of our players to the team outside of the stats.
All good. We're all entitled to our opinions here.
If list manager I'm not moving him on unless he wants to return home (it would have to be mutual) & I'd certainly want to be pretty well compensated.
I could be well wide of the mark but I'm honestly am not sure where he fits into our team going forward & I don't think the 'stand' rule helped the no 1 strengths in his game that much either.
In a trade market you need to assess the currency of all players regardless of previous deeds.
You aren't getting much value from RCD & Wil Martyn. JG has value but may be surplus to our requirements in light of current additions is all I'm thinking.
If that helps land a key forward or a ruck then for betterment of our list it needs to be considered.

Reactions: 2 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
T

Sydney Stack and Soldo (and I am not sold on Soldo going), are the 2 likely trades. Reckon Stack might be valuable to a WA club or even an Essendon

I don't think anyone would take the punt on Stack, and if Soldo goes, we are stuffed if Nank goes down next year.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
All good. We're all entitled to our opinions here.
If list manager I'm not moving him on unless he wants to return home (it would have to be mutual) & I'd certainly want to be pretty well compensated.
I could be well wide of the mark but I'm honestly am not sure where he fits into our team going forward & I don't think the 'stand' rule helped his game that much either.
In a trade market you need to assess the currency of all players regardless of previous deeds.
You aren't getting much value from RCD & Wil Martyn. JG has value but may be surplus to our requirements in light of current additions is all I'm thinking.

Differing opinions is good. I differ from someone else re: Sydney Stack on another post.

All I am saying, robustly sure, is that its not hard to see we wont trade JGTI. Only if he asks to go, so yes, if he asks, we'd get an ok deal.
Cotch has 13-15 games left. Dion's injuries a massive worry. 3-4 hammies this year and it was claimed he had a great pre-season.
who is confident he wont do hammies next year?
Dusty's days playing more than 40% midfield time are gone IMO.

That's 3 mids needing replacement in 2024. Room for JGTI.

Who knows how we will be held to ransom by Shai's m/ment next year.

Could not agree more that RCd and Martyn are worth zero. Throw Castagna, Dow and Aarts into that category.

Stack is the one that could help unlock some value IMO. Not a lot of value, but something that will help. As posted on the other thread, we dont need him - we already have 2-3 options for Small F and small B.
And on 2nd thoughts, I'd trade out Dow too.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Differing opinions is good. I differ from someone else re: Sydney Stack on another post.

All I am saying, robustly sure, is that its not hard to see we wont trade JGTI. Only if he asks to go, so yes, if he asks, we'd get an ok deal.
Cotch has 13-15 games left. Dion's injuries a massive worry. 3-4 hammies this year and it was claimed he had a great pre-season.
who is confident he wont do hammies next year?
Dusty's days playing more than 40% midfield time are gone IMO.

That's 3 mids needing replacement in 2024. Room for JGTI.

Who knows how we will be held to ransom by Shai's m/ment next year.

Could not agree more that RCd and Martyn are worth zero. Throw Castagna, Dow and Aarts into that category.

Stack is the one that could help unlock some value IMO. Not a lot of value, but something that will help. As posted on the other thread, we dont need him - we already have 2-3 options for Small F and small B.
And on 2nd thoughts, I'd trade out Dow too.
All good.
Stack & Dow won’t have much value, neither saw much snr footy.
The other interesting thought is Darcy Fogarty is a potential target..

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If we bring in both Taranto and Hopper it does get hard to see where Graham fits. Certainly once Cotchin retires and with Dusty playing more forward he would be part of the rotations, but in 2023?

I'd want to hold on to Graham but he needs a role at least for next year.

DS

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020

No way in hell he gets traded unless he gets picked off by the crows. He might want to go back home I have NFI.

But he won’t be pushed out with hopper and tranto coming in. He’s a key to it IMO. Three hard core inside players allow our elder gents to add the cream.