Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
this is the elephant in the room..... scrapes into our best 26, perfect fit for the young crows, surely ain't gunna be captain material anymore with his form and injury issues. half glass full says he's awesome depth....half empty glass says he is a list clogger.

The fact that Dimma typically refers to him in glowing terms - such as him being a “warrior” - makes me think JG still has a role at our club.
And that’s even if we do gain both GWS boys

Reactions: 5 users

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
The fact that Dimma typically refers to him in glowing terms - such as him being a “warrior” - makes me think JG still has a role at our club.
And that’s even if we do gain both GWS boys
Dimma was also in love with Caddy, Houli and George too. but it seems once your output dries up, you're easily replaced- George by MRJ, Lambert(inj) by Sonsie, Caddy by Cumbers and now Graham by Giants boys/Ross and emerging Cubs. it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Interesting times for Jack… we should remember that even though it looks great on paper - Toranto, Hopper, Prestia, Dusty and Cotchin all have had injury problems over the last few years. Graham May stil be required to do some heavy lifting.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Interesting times for Jack… we should remember that even though it looks great on paper - Toranto, Hopper, Prestia, Dusty and Cotchin all have had injury problems over the last few years. Graham May stil be required to do some heavy lifting.
graham injury history has been just as bad....so if jack is depth, its a conern with shoulder/s, hammy and now foot issues. jacks past history and playing style aint the recipe for a career playing over 30.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
According to Caro on Footy Classified, Port think Jack Graham is gettable and are after him now they have missed out on Dunkley.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
Interesting. Wonder what they'd be offering.

I'd be willing to let him go if it a) helps us preserve a reasonable draft hand with Hopper and Taranto coming in or b) helps us fill an obvious gap in the list, i.e. a developing KPF

Port have a pretty thin draft hand this year so might be more a player swap situation... Is Graham for Marshall a fair trade?

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Port keep recruiting slabs of cold beer and a bag of chips... now they're upset that all they have left is warm beer

I could see how Jack compliments the rest of their list

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Interesting. Wonder what they'd be offering.

I'd be willing to let him go if it a) helps us preserve a reasonable draft hand with Hopper and Taranto coming in or b) helps us fill an obvious gap in the list, i.e. a developing KPF

Port have a pretty thin draft hand this year so might be more a player swap situation... Is Graham for Marshall a fair trade?
No Chance they would do that deal

Georgiadis might be around the mark though , Not sure how they rate him over at port though

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
According to Caro on Footy Classified, Port think Jack Graham is gettable and are after him now they have missed out on Dunkley.

I said this earlier in the year, clubs would come for Graham. It's an interesting watch.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Can't see Marshall being involved and Georgiadis sounds like he will only go West. Given that Port don't have 2nd round pick, if it happens, it must be the Compo pick for Amon. Could be 19/20? Surely they don't give that over for Junior Rioli?

• Wow

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
No Chance they would do that deal

Georgiadis might be around the mark though , Not sure how they rate him over at port though
They'd rate him higher than Marshall if they have a clue. They'd see the pair as the future of their forward line and wouldn't trade either of them willingly.

Reactions: 2 users

RichoMan28

#GoTiges
Mar 21, 2010
Aren’t we trying to strengthen and build our midfield? Trading him seems counterproductive.

Reactions: 23 users