Pick 53: Jack Graham | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 53: Jack Graham

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
So pleased that he is staying.

You build your culture around players like Graham - hope he gets to captain this great club at some stage.

With Lambert and Edwards gone, Graham would have left a big hole to fill.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Glad he is staying. I think he can be better than we have seen of late, needs to get his body right and show us what he is really capable of. He can be a very effective lockdown mid and hopefully also get some opportunities to hunt the ball for himself. We know that injured players are not showing us what they can really do, reckon there is some more potential there.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
With Lambert and Edwards going, there's a spot for him. It won't be as an inside midfielder, but he hasn't been playing there without Taranto and Hopper anyway. I think he could be very valuable in Lambert's role.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
The Coaches refer to a player that pays attention to the oppositions player thats running hot - Its called a Cooler

Richmond has a fridge to do that job now that Tarantino & Whopper are coming to the club

2023 - All In

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I seem to remember when Jack first got drafted to Tigerland, he was kind of p'eed off at being ignored in the draft by the 2 Adelaide teams.

Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Port tried to raid the fridge.....
Turns out, the beef didn't think they could handle chewing something that tough.

• Haha

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
100% played injured a lot of this year, 2nd in our B & F last year 2021, would have been selling at close to the bottom of the market and at a time when we want to strengthen our midfield not dilute it by loosing a 2nd two way runner after Lambert's retirement. Don't think we lose to Brisbane if we had Graham applying some pressure to Lachie Neale.
Do people really think we can do better with pick 27 than a fit 24 year old Graham?, i'm happy he has chosen to stay.
Perfectly put caeser

Pick #27 will blow out to pick #30+ with the compo and F/S picks and in a shallow draft where 50-55 players will be taken we would be getting a 4th tier player who we most likely will sill be able to get in the 50's

With Players like Sheds & Lambo finishing up we need as many players that play the Richmond game style and JG is the perfect player to lead the younger kids as well as the 2 new boys to adapt to this.

Your comment about tightening up on Neal is 100% correct and im sure if Jack had played he would have had a better influence in curtailing his influence .

We keep JG for another 2 years and if he wants to leave as a free agent we get the same if not better pick as i see him actually becoming a better player with Taranto & Hopper getting more ball to him and JG having more of an offensive role compared to what he has done thus far.

Reactions: 12 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Fridge was as good as signed sealed and delivered till he went out the back for his specially organised surprise which was Kochie and the Port Faithful going extra Hard on the INXS!!!

R.jpg

That was the Deal Breaker (y)

• Haha

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
How *smile* must Port be? 5th best midfielder knocks them back and now Jack tells thanks but no thanks.
Hinkley must stink
Hinkley is a good bloke and a good coach.
The club is soulless though. Imagine leaving Richmond for that.

Reactions: 2 users

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
I’m glad Jack decided Port wasn’t the place for him now.
Realistically if he was leaving chasing more midfield time, I’m not sure he’d be in a much better position at Port anyway, and we would have gotten reemed in a trade.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
A guy I work with played under him at Port.

Reckons he is a fantastic fella. Really supportive and a very clear communicator.
We do some work for him over here in Adelaide.
He is a top bloke and has zero ego.
Takes the time to chat to my apprentices and even stopped at the races to have a beer with my apprentice when he spotted him. Could have easily brushed him off but stopped for a chat.
He was chuffed as he is footy mad and his mates were blown away that he was having a beer with Ken.

Reactions: 16 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
A guy I work with played under him at Port.

Reckons he is a fantastic fella. Really supportive and a very clear communicator.
Hinkley was runner up in the Richmond job to dimma,as a late friend of mine was good friends with Hinkley in Geelong and Hinkley thought he was favourite and pretty much had the job,was almost right.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Hinkley is a good bloke and a good coach.
The club is soulless though. Imagine leaving Richmond for that.
Could be a tiger assistant coach in 24?
Doesn't he have one more year on his contract. Unless they go back to top 4 then I can't see it being extended. And we have form with departed coaches.
I,d be happy if we did

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
So has Jack said he wants to stay at Richmond or that he doesn’t want to go to Port. The article just said he told Richmond he didn’t want to go to Port.

The article doesn’t actually say he’s staying
No but it implies strongly he is staying.
Jack could've said "I'm still exploring options but port is not for me."
But he seems to have shut the door on leaving for the next 2 years