Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Spot on mate this moment is exactly why you need to have patience with the big blokes & put development into them. Ben's been preparing for 4 years.
Is he really 198cm now?
He was recruited and for a long time listed on RFC website at 195cm.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Big, fast, good kick. He's got the physical attributes. Interesting to see how he goes in terms of attack on the ball, reading the flight, and footy nous. these are the key. You look at someone like Lever and think he's a spud, but his ability to read the flight and the game is what makes him such a good player.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
When everyone says 4 years of development we also need to remember that 2020 was pretty much a lost year of development. 2021 is not great either with all the disruptions to the VFL. It is going to take current young players a little longer because of all of the disruption.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yes and I so look forward to those......."hey mum guess what" phone vids

"hello son... you never call me since you moved to the big smoke so I'm guessing the club put you up to doing one of those stupid "i'm playing this week" calls"

Reactions: 1 user

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
I haven’t seen too much of the VFL team (not that there’s been much to see in 20/21 m) - but in the few games I have seen, I can’t say I’ve seen Miller do much that’s noteworthy. Has he had some good games? What are we basing our expectations on? I hope he’s a gun, but would like to hear if others have seen much evidence of potential - other than size and athleticism.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
I haven’t seen too much of the VFL team (not that there’s been much to see in 20/21 m) - but in the few games I have seen, I can’t say I’ve seen Miller do much that’s noteworthy. Has he had some good games? What are we basing our expectations on? I hope he’s a gun, but would like to hear if others have seen much evidence of potential - other than size and athleticism.
Miller has played his role, which is fine for the seniors if he can do it at the next level.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I’m keen to see Miller get a game so we can all see what he’s made of. If he doesn’t get a gig this week, then it says a lot about the faith the club have in him. It’s a worry if they think an underdone Astbury is a preferred option. I’m still haunted by Astbury’s underdone performance against the Pies in the Prelim in 2018 perhaps!

Reactions: 1 user