Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Unobtrusive but didn't lower his colours or perpetrate any howlers like the ones from his more experienced teammates. Koschitzke and Lewis look likely types but only had 13 touches and two goals between them.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Unobtrusive but didn't lower his colours or perpetrate any howlers like the ones from his more experienced teammates. Koschitzke and Lewis look likely types but only had 13 touches and two goals between them.
Not exactly playing his first game on a Hawkins is it?

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Thought he did well and was impressed.
Made a lot of spoils, was he outmarked at all?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
MIles ahead of Garth. Can't understand how hasn't had a look before yesterday.

Delist Garth, give Miller another year.

Reactions: 10 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
MIles ahead of Garth. Can't understand how hasn't had a look before yesterday.

Delist Garth, give Miller another year.

Yep, again spot on. Boy looks more than solid.

Won’t need Talia if we put our faith in him.

Reactions: 1 user

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
From the little I had seen of Miller in the VFL games I thought he was a bust - maybe I just hadn’t seen enough...But in his first run at Senior level he seemed very solid. Took a few good marks, laid a few tackles, hoofed a few decent kicks. Generally looked ok. He’s only young and has good size - worth keeping.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Whispers are strong we are after Gibcus.

Tells me they are not sold on Miller and Nyuon.

That said I'd still give Miller another year at least, if he doesnt improve the gears expected then its an easy delist at seasons end.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Whispers are strong we are after Gibcus.

Tells me they are not sold on Miller and Nyuon.

That said I'd still give Miller another year at least, if he doesnt improve the gears expected then its an easy delist at seasons end.
Not sure it says anything about our thoughts on Miller or Biggy craig , cupboards empty after Balta in the KPD ,so we need to keep atleast one of them even if we get Talia and Gibbo

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He was solid, it was his first game and he can only play on the opponents he is presented with in the game he is playing.

I'd give him another year and actually give him a few games.

It is all well and good to talk about intercept marking and the like, but the intercept marking is only possible with a couple of defenders who hold down their forward. All the talk of Astbury this week has pointed out that the way players like Rance could get off their man and intercept was reliant on having a reliable defender holding their opponent. This is what Miller could be and it will free up the likes of Balta to weave his magic. With the trend towards 2 or even 3 tall forwards we need height in defence, players who can nullify key forwards, Miller needs to be given the chance to show if he can perform that critical role.

DS

Reactions: 9 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Didnt appear overawed and the fact that most of the match was close to practice match standard suited him.
Like his size and competed well when he had to.
Could make the grade I reckon.