Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 63, 2017 Ben Miller - Welcome to Tigerland.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Miller managed to make Himmelberg and Walker look like Buddy and Plugger. He is not AFL standard and never shown any ability at VFL level. Biggy on the other hand has.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I'm on Biggie watch today, 2 great VFL games in a row, he will be pretty much be the sole key down back today so will have his hands full in VFL today and likely to see plenty of ball against top of the ladder Blue's.
Hope he has a good outing, Biggie does tend to take the game on more than Miller and is a much better mark. Miller a better kick and handballer. Both good athletically, Biggie more outrageously so.
Pretty line-ball on who's the better option at this stage.
I'm realistic enough to acknowledge it is highly unlikely that both of these project player selections will make it but for the sake of our future defense I pray to god at least one does.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm on Biggie watch today, 2 great VFL games in a row, he will be pretty much be the sole key down back today so will have his hands full in VFL today and likely to see plenty of ball against top of the ladder Blue's.
Hope he has a good outing, Biggie does tend to take the game on more than Miller and is a much better mark. Miller a better kick and handballer. Both good athletically, Biggie more outrageously so.
I'm realistic enough to acknowledge it is highly unlikely that both of these project player selections will make it but for the sake of our future defense I pray to god at least one does.
I would've risked him instead of Tarrant in AFL defence.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The Biggie watch hasn't been good unfortunately ☹
Some lazy and undisciplined stuff thrown in.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Defenders almost always look *smile* when the oppo mid fielders are spoon feeding their forwards. Got flogged in the stoppages n the uncontested rebound out of our forward line all game long.
Mediocre sides all got razor sharp can openers these days n just sweat on us coughing up crap ball n then slice us up with death by a thousand cuts footy.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
To call Miller a poor aeriailst is to give him too much credit. His feet have never left the ground. Or should I say, hadn't. I've just watched the first half of the weekend's game and lo and behold, twice they did. Twice he leapt at the incoming ball, got over the pack and got first hands to it. I'm not sure you could categorise either as a marking attempt, but it's progress of a sort.

Intercept marking. All the kids are doing it these days. Teammates do the bodywork and the likes of Stewart and Ridley get to look like gods.

Gosh Jibcus catches those like shelling flies. Hence he's in and Ben's out. Back to the Magoos with a clear focus: catching.

Reactions: 8 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Himmelberg decided he didn't look German enough and grew a WW1 moustache. @Streak bangs on about getting his brother but Jr's the comer. Not that we'll get either.

• Haha

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Himmelberg decided he didn't look German enough and grew a WW1 moustache. @Streak bangs on about getting his brother but Jr's the comer. Not that we'll get either.
We were heavily linked to him in his 2016 draft. Went 2 picks before Jack Graham and has taken a whilst to develop.
Looking like it was worth the wait.

Ryan Garthwaite picked 1 spot before Nick Larkey.

Thank god we picked Boton at pick 29

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We were heavily linked to him in his 2016 draft. Went 2 picks before Jack Graham and has taken a whilst to develop.
Looking like it was worth the wait.

Ryan Garthwaite picked 1 spot before Nick Larkey.

Thank god we picked Boton at pick 29
Pretty happy we got Graham all things considered. But Larkey, now that would have been a haul.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Reckon Miller could benefit from playing in the ruck for a few weeks. It would free him up, get him more involved in the game and allow him to go for his marks.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There you go, three minutes into the third Miller outmarks Himmeler from the front. Boy's learning.

Reckon Miller could benefit from playing in the ruck for a few weeks. It would free him up, get him more involved in the game and allow him to go for his marks.
Thank you Robert Walls.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Unlucky.
He played deep back, why not try him deep forward.
Not sure Miller will ever get the opportunity to prove his worth.
It's time Hardwick and Co wake up and realise we aren't winning a flag with this side.
Edward's looks like a 87yr old.
Riewoldt shouldve walked last year
If this was Lynchys best Pre season God help us
Prestia is like a worn down v8 motor just waiting for the next casket to break.
Dusty is got hid own issues.
Parker Flappers and Castagna skills levels aren't good enough.
The only saving grace this year is the form of Rioli and how good Big G is going to be

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

I push for senior in part because I think he is very gettable. Can’t see GWS having the coin to pay him, whereas we are about to enter a stage where we see some serious cap hit retire.

But I do bang on about him. Reckon he is as close to being a Riewoldt clone as you will find at the moment. And that has worked pretty well for us.

Can’t say I have seen much of junior, but I do recall us apparently being very interested in drafting him.